The Lotus Cars Community banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Received a 320mm Personal steering wheel with NRG quick release hub from @boostu today (thanks again), and had some time to install it before tonight’s plans. For what it’s worth, everyone’s right, a removable steering wheel makes it loads easier to get in and out of the car . Didn’t do a write up cause the video that GRP has on his website is more than enough, didn’t need a resistor for the airbag because you can turn that off on the GARW dash. What’s next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
1,900 Posts
Received a 320mm Personal steering wheel with NRG quick release hub from @boostu today (thanks again), and had some time to install it before tonight’s plans. For what it’s worth, everyone’s right, a removable steering wheel makes it loads easier to get in and out of the car . Didn’t do a write up cause the video that GRP has on his website is more than enough, didn’t need a resistor for the airbag because you can turn that off on the GARW dash. What’s next?

I say this in every post and I’m not gonna stop now, but if you drive this on the street, it’s quite a poor idea to remove the airbag for the safety benefits in a car that barely has some to begin with, but to each their own.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I say this in every post and I’m not gonna stop now, but if you drive this on the street, it’s quite a poor idea to remove the airbag for the safety benefits in a car that barely has some to begin with, but to each their own.
I weighed my options and figured since I really only drive it once a week to work and an occasional drive here and there I’ll live with the added convenience. It’s a fiberglass car draped over an aluminum tub, anything over 30mph isn’t going to end pretty anyway (just my thought process of course)

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
1,900 Posts
I weighed my options and figured since I really only drive it once a week to work and an occasional drive here and there I’ll live with the added convenience. It’s a fiberglass car draped over an aluminum tub, anything over 30mph isn’t going to end pretty anyway (just my thought process of course)

Hope you never get in a wreck as removing the airbag is illegal if you drive the car on the road, as well as insurance will not cover anything if you get in an accident. Just hope you considered all this. To each their own. I’m not against it in anyways, just saying a lot of people don’t consider all the risks. I know of 1 personally that got in wreck and since the airbags were gone, the police report sent to the insurance company commented on the modified status of the car. Insurance didn’t pay out in that case.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts