The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know what the fuss is all about.

Being the family focused man that I am, I traded in the loveable but impractical MINI for a 4 door sedan. After all, I do have to fit 3 chittlins in the back seat. In a moment of weakness but of utter clarity I bought an EVO.

This f'in' car is unreal. Talk about the proverbial hot knife thru butter. I took it up a road I call my Acid Test, Scandia Creek. This road enjoys plenty of elevation changes, off camber turns, blind corners and bumpy pavement. The EVO annihilated it. In fact I had to slow down cuz it scared the bejeezus out of me. The car tracked through the bumpiest corners with aplomb. No loss of composure. This is where the MINI showed it's weakness. The EVO appears to track like my 993 but without the full-on carved from billet feel the 911 boasts. But for the $, simply amazing.

The ride is stiff - this is no comfortable cruiser. Steering response is stellar. What a joy. The acceleration is very quick. I'm still breaking it in so I have not revved over 5k. I got a Silver one. The interior is spartan but sporty. The Recaros are superb. The Momo wheel feels nice. The Brembos elicit very confidence inspiring feel. The pedal is nice and firm. I have yet to really grab a foot full of brake. That'll happen this w/end.

I think I've found the 4 door equivalent of an Elise. Guess the EVO should keep me plenty occupied until my Elise arrives....

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I see what Lotus's plan is now...

If they keep our cars from us long enough, those of us with less financial restraint will start buying things to keep us happy while we wait :p

So far, I've bought a bike, Shinoo has bought an EVO... who's next? :D

·
Registered
866 Posts
For about three thousand dollars, you can get a lot more power out of that car. I have driven and ina few of the and think they are great. That car is legendary for its ability to respond to tuning. www.vishnutuning.com has a good array of parts, but they are expenseve. There is also a forum where you can visit if you want to interact with other Evo owners; it is www.evolutionm.net Good luck with the car, they are amazing, and will run 0-60 in under 4.5 seconds with just a little bit of tuning.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx for the tips. I'm keeping this car stock. After all it is supposed to be my 'practical' car. :D

This car is the automotive equivalent of a Yamaha R6. Devasting right out of the box!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
congrats on the car.. I think the evo is great and have been toying with getting one as a fun daily driver. Just last week I contacted a local dealer re leasing one but apparently that is not an option as he responded "In response to your leasing question, yes we do lease all of our models BUT no leasing programs are currently available for the Evo through any bank. Only financing plans." So I decided I have to give it more thought before I go buy one, but glad to hear your positive review...did you go for the larger carbon fiber spoiler or the less conspicuous small painted spoiler???

·
Registered
6,301 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the standard boy-racer BIG wing. I like it. I'm suprised to hear that leasing is not an option?

I've accumulated almost 500 miles so break-in is almost complete. As soon as I hit 600 I'll give it full gas. The car is very fast with steering that is quick and delicious. I am thoroughly enjoying this car. Took the family to Disneyland in it today. No one complained that the ride was too stiff.

I need to get a V1.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I posted some pix in the EliseTalk Image Gallery.

Here's a preview:

Yeah! I finally can upload pix! :D :rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts