The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up a front lip spoiler, side skirts, and gauge cover, side air vent covers and a gas cap cover in wet carbon and a rear diffuser in dry carbon. Got most of this while I was in Tokyo last weekend. Picked up the side covers off EBay. they are actually pretty nice and better than I expected... Still deciding of what rear wing I want to get...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Those side skirts look REALLY good, but I'd be afraid I'd step on them getting out of the car. :eek:

On the subject of rear wings, which are you considering? I really want an APR wing, but I want to retain the stock mounts. I don't think it's an option though.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Those side skirts look REALLY good, but I'd be afraid I'd step on them getting out of the car. :eek:

On the subject of rear wings, which are you considering? I really want an APR wing, but I want to retain the stock mounts. I don't think it's an option though.
I'm more worried about small children stepping on it to look in to the car...

yea I'm with you on the stock mounts for the spoiler because I actually use my trunk a lot... However for a functional spoiler the stock mounts aren't a good choice so hmmmmm... I like the 3-D one BSK sells, but it's pretty big and extends back behind the rear of the car a bit.

http://www.bodyshop-kobayashi.com/p_s2gtwing.htm

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
However for a functional spoiler the stock mounts aren't a good choice so hmmmmm...
Yes, APR promptly told me I was a jackass for wanting to use the stock mounts.

Do you think that the wing is mounted high enough? The Reverie ones seems to be mounted a lot higher. :shrug: I have no idea what the airflow over the back of an Exige looks like, so I'm just speculating here.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That one is adjustable, I think it can move up another inch... I'm not too fond of spoilers that sit up at or above the roof line. The BSK guy said there was a big difference on the track between this spoiler and stock one. The one in the pic is his actual race car.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm in Yokosuka....where is the nearest Lotus dealer?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Looks good dragon.

Whats up with the lotus emblem on the back. They look like their falling off. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Looks good dragon.

Whats up with the lotus emblem on the back. They look like their falling off. :shrug:
Nah, it's just the way the light is reflecting off the silver letters... Been meaning to remove the Lotus lettering actually.

Thanks for all the replies by the way...

Also put this on the car yesterday (I guess the engine compartment could be classified as interior) Just waiting on the computer to come back.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Beautiful ride, dude...

By the way, sorry we couldn't meet up in Tokyo as I couldn't take any time off from the family due to the little ones getting grouchy and all for the entire trip due to the cool weather and unfamiliar food!

Only time I had was around 8pm the last night when I made a quick trip down to Super Autobacs to pick up a couple of magazines and DVDs.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Beautiful ride, dude...

By the way, sorry we couldn't meet up in Tokyo as I couldn't take any time off from the family due to the little ones getting grouchy and all for the entire trip due to the cool weather and unfamiliar food!

Only time I had was around 8pm the last night when I made a quick trip down to Super Autobacs to pick up a couple of magazines and DVDs.
No problem.. The weather was a bit on the cold side and the rain Sunday and Monday morning sucked. I spent my afternoons at car shops and my evenings-mornings at live band events and drinking with some of my Japanese friends that live in Tokyo... Had a great time there as I always do. :coolnana: Going back again in Jun with the wife and kids to hit up Fuji Highlands or Disney and possibly hit up the Lotus race at Fuji Circuit.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
man work emotions? that is whats on my subaru, i want!!!!
Hahaha, they are cheap (here in Japan @ $900ish for the set) and come in the sizes I wanted... The also look quite nice too.. The drifters over here love them because when they curb them they are cheap to replace. They have to have sexy wheels on their trashed held together by duct tap and zip ties broken cars for some reason.

I really wanted CE28N's but they only come 7.5J in a 17" wheel with our bolt pattern.. :mad:

Also like the RE30's from Volk as well, but same deal with only 7.5J offered in 17" and the 17" would bow out (yuck) with the spokes and the 16" would curve in (looks the best) like the pic below with the offsets we need, would look a bit off I think... :mad::mad::mad:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts