The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
wish there was a way to do the whole door handle.. I'm almost positive this would have trouble staying put on my car door handle.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Same as the Audi forums, I continue to be in the small minority who is completely put off by carbon fiber. It just screams 1990's teenage tuner car to me.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I like the CF cover but I agree with squid ward, I feel it would come off after some wear and tear. Do they sell a CF handle as one piece or just the cover ?

Lotus noob

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only draw back is that it doesn't have those knobs to hold it in place so I used the 3M double side Tape to hold it down. Had to make some mods to make it fit right but it's actually sitting in there tightly. If you just put the double side tape without the back support it's not as strong as putting something behind it. I ended up removing the screw's and fabricating a piece for the back side and the CF parts are taped to that. I'm sure if lotus uses tapes to hold my back seats in place the double side tape should be strong enough for this small part!!

Lotus noob : I see more tear on my current crappy plastic piece than I could expect to have on my CF part. You're going to have wear and tear regardless of what material you use for the door handle.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
The only draw back is that it doesn't have those knobs to hold it in place so I used the 3M double side Tape to hold it down. Had to make some mods to make it fit right but it's actually sitting in there tightly. If you just put the double side tape without the back support it's not as strong as putting something behind it. I ended up removing the screw's and fabricating a piece for the back side and the CF parts are taped to that. I'm sure if lotus uses tapes to hold my back seats in place the double side tape should be strong enough for this small part!!

Lotus noob : I see more tear on my current crappy plastic piece than I could expect to have on my CF part. You're going to have wear and tear regardless of what material you use for the door handle.
I had mine covered in SuedeTex about a month ago when I had my headliner done. have not had any wear issues. usually when I pull my door closed my hand is on the back of the handle anyway. teh only wear i would get is if my leg or butt rubbed up against the handle while driving. so far this has not been an issue, but a couple more BBQs and it mightrotflrotfl
IMG_0521 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0520 (800x600).jpg

·
Registered
368 Posts
Same as the Audi forums, I continue to be in the small minority who is completely put off by carbon fiber. It just screams 1990's teenage tuner car to me.

I'm with you on this. I used to be that teenager tuner and because of it, I now hate carbon fiber. I'd love to buy Mansory's Evora bumper, but it's in Carbon Fiber and because of that, way over priced.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts