The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RaceCarDriver2008 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I used to own a 2003 m3, but it was stolen. I then lease an 2005 Audi S4, in which the lease just expired. I test drove the Audi RS4, S5, Lexus IS-F and they were all good cars, but the new M3 is awesome and beats them all hands down. Nothing likve a V8 reving out to 8,400 RPM.

G

·
Registered
140 Posts
Beautiful new purchase.....
Contrary to what many other LTer's say about it, I think it is drop dead gorgeous, and holds a magnificent engine under the bonnet.
Peace
Jon

·
Premium Member
4,676 Posts
RaceCarDriver2008 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I used to own a 2003 m3, but it was stolen. I then lease an 2005 Audi S4, in which the lease just expired. I test drove the Audi RS4, S5, Lexus IS-F and they were all good cars, but the new M3 is awesome and beats them all hands down. Nothing likve a V8 reving out to 8,400 RPM.

G

Congrats! Great car...drive it in the best of health.

I considered the M3, but it was just too big and heavy for me. ;)

I went with it's smaller brother for some daily driving fun when not in the "Cali-car-pool" Prius. Besides, I love what one can do to twin-turbo cars....:D

Attachments

·
shay2nak
24,978 Posts
congrats on the M3!

I love the 1 series, but I wish they sold 120i. I'd buy that one in Jet Black.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Always had a thing for 4-door BMW's and always preferred them over the Mbz, Audi's and ALWAYS over Lexus. :up:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Cool! I sat in one and just made Brumm-Brumm noises, but then I was asked to leave. I just ordered a 135i, I am very excited about it coming over from the mother country. I have about 8 weeks to wait!

·
Registered
269 Posts
stop it everyone, i am trying to keep from buying the black m3 sedan that has been sitting at santa monica bmw for 6 weeks now...

·
Premium Member
4,676 Posts
stop it everyone, i am trying to keep from buying the black m3 sedan that has been sitting at santa monica bmw for 6 weeks now...
Doc,

If you want the M3, they've got four of them at Rusnak (Thousand Oaks) -- they are not exactly flying out the door. You should be able to get a discount as well. It's a good time to buy a car. ;)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Doc,

If you want the M3, they've got four of them at Rusnak (Thousand Oaks) -- they are not exactly flying out the door. You should be able to get a discount as well. It's a good time to buy a car. ;)
no...I CANT hear you...

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Im a fan of BMWs and have owned some in the past, but I just have a feeling those things wont last long.. I think the quality of their cars is deteriorating..

Same is for MBZ... After 2000s their cars were not the same... They look good, as well as the BMWs, but quality..

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discounting M3's!!! Now there's a statement about the health of our economy! I remember when the last gen M3 came out and the M5 there was a substantial markup for a number of months before sticker was the best you could do.

I like the M3 a lot, especially as a 4 door. Not too big, not too heavy, looks like fun to GT in. It's a better bet than a 911 because of its versatility, and the 911 is really too fat to qualify for the track anymore so what's the point?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like the M3 a lot, especially as a 4 door. Not too big, not too heavy, looks like fun to GT in. It's a better bet than a 911 because of its versatility, and the 911 is really too fat to qualify for the track anymore so what's the point?
My other car is a 911C4S. I choose the M3 sedan because it has a bigger back seat (I have a 3yr old) and a bigger trunk (I'm a ice hockey goalie) than the M3 coupe.

I also looked at slightly used 06 & 07 M5, but the M3 is just as fast and handles much better (wieghs 500 lbs less) and get much bett mileage, 18mpg compared to 11mpg.

The Elise will be my next car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts