The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I finally pulled the plug and bought an elise. I think I got a great deal but would like to hear your comments. The car is a 2006 elise with 2200 miles hard and soft top stage 2 exhaust touring and I think a sport package...hopefully you can tell me from the pictures, I know im very stupid by I am a lotus virgin. The car also was owner by Brad Whitford Aerosmith's lead gutairst.

Also want to thank all that helped during my shopping process....This forum has been a huge help!!!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Need complete vin to see if it has sport pack. Wheels sometimes lie. Since you bought the car you might want to take your own pics,so people dont get frustrated with the directed sites pop-ups.

Anyway Congrats. The car looks great. That color is really nice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sports pack??

The VIN number is SCCPC111X6HL30515

Please if possible let me know if it has the sports pack

·
Registered
780 Posts
Im not a good vin decoder. But do a search here on this site. search sport pack. Ride height is a good way to tell the difference.

That is according to the search I Just did.

Sorry I couldnt be of more help. I dont have my vin handy right now to compare.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I am trying to find pics of the dampers someone posted for sale. That way you could turn the front wheels and look under the front to compare. Or somehow take a pic of yours.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...under thirty thousand for a well-kept low-mileage car is a very good price; congratulations!..

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Did you do a carfax report??

I searched your vin on google and came up with nothing except for carfax.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
carfax...

Yes I did a carfax and came up clean...single owner..

Also another question for all...The car is under warranty until april..you think worth purchasing a extended warranty and if so from what company would you recommend?
Thanks again

·
Registered
613 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
753 Posts
I paid 29,991 for the car...They then gave me credit for my trade in....and I say very very fair on the trade in. They gave me $1000 above the excellent condition value trade in on KBB for a 2004 infiniti i35
Then I think you did very well on the deal. That is a great price for a 2006:clap:

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
Also another question for all...The car is under warranty until april..you think worth purchasing a extended warranty and if so from what company would you recommend?
Thanks again
Congrats on the new (to you) Lotus!

As far as buying the extended warranty goes, I would suggest you drive the car as much as possible before the Lotus warranty expires and have them fix anything that isn't right and is covered by the warranty. Buying an extended warranty on any vehicle is kind of like playing the lottery. The companies offering the warranties are very good at working with repair statistics and have a good grasp on the cost of any repairs to your car that they would have to cover. The reality is you will most likely pay more for the warranty than you will every receive out of it. Having said this, there is more that needs to be examined before you can make an educated decision. You need to know what the warranty covers--is it the entire car or just major driveline components? Is there a deductible for any claims on the warranty? Is there a limited dollar amount on what they will cover? Do you get a choice of the repair shop or do they mandate which shop will repair your car? How good are your mechanical skills or do you know an individual that is willing to help you with repairs? Another big question is how unreliable do you perceive your car to be? All these and many more factors need to be looked at before you can make the decision to purchase an extended warranty--remember you are basically purchasing insurance for repairs and this is not the same as the original warranty from Lotus.

As far as my experience with extended warranties goes, I have never found them to be a good investment and I have never gotten back anywhere near the money I spent for them. I no longer purchase extended warranties, but your situation and answers to the questions above may be very different than mine, so as with any other advice on this forum YMMV.

Again, congrats on the new car and welcome to the Lotus community!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Congrats on the 'Lis. Looks dope! :D

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Congrats on the the new car

enjoy driving the car and drive it like you stole it(carefully) :D lol

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
So I finally pulled the plug and bought an elise. I think I got a great deal but would like to hear your comments. The car is a 2006 elise with 2200 miles hard and soft top stage 2 exhaust touring and I think a sport package...hopefully you can tell me from the pictures, I know im very stupid by I am a lotus virgin. I paid 29,900 from a dealership but they also were very very fair on my trade in. The car also was owner by Brad Whitford Aerosmith's lead gutairst.
Sweet deal! Welcome! Aerosmith's drummer owns/used to own an Elise (an '05, I believe, which he purchased from HRM in NY/CT). He must have turned Brad onto Lotus...

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Welcome! As an Aerosmith fan, I would consider it especially fun to be owning a band member's car. As mentioned above, I knew that Joey Kramer had an Elise. I didn't know Brad had one.

Yeah, you got a great deal. Enjoy!

Todd

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Oh Joe Perry Is Aerosmiths Lead. FWIW
Brad Whitford (born Bradley Ernest Whitford, 23 February 1952, in Winchester, Massachusetts,) is the rhythm and lead guitarist for the hard rock band Aerosmith.
FWIW

1 - 20 of 25 Posts