The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
98 Esprit V8 Calypso Red
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After weeks of research, many trips driving here and there to buy parts. I finally finished my experiment. Installing the HKS SSQV BOV in the Esprit V8 the reversible way. Also there's no need to re-route the EGR pipe for US cars. My idea was to use silicon t-hoses. Prior to the experiment I did a lot of measurement and found out that the clearance between the trunk wall & the engine isn't big enough for the BOV to fit. So I came up with a custom made Aluminum SSQV flange/adapter. It now turns a little outwards & there were more than enough clearance to fit the SSQV. It's working great & I really love that WOOOSHPSSST sound. At first I installed the newly designed HKS SSQV black limited edition BOV's. Later I put in the older style just to see if they sound any different. And the result is they sounded pretty much the same. Thanks to Superdavelotus, Mike Sekinger from LEF to provide me the info & finally Gmendoza to spend the Saturday night drinking & installing the BOV with me. Anyhow, here are the photos...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Alan,
Wow! That looks awesome! You researched and did all that by yourself? Pretty impressive. BTW, I posted some photos of my new S4. Check them out (post: ...Esprit in Colorado Springs....). Any ideas and suggestions, please let me know.
Thanks,
Ty

1 - 2 of 2 Posts