The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted to detail a medium-blue Lotus. I've always been in love with magnetic blue, but I've never had the chance to detail a magnetic blue Lotus. Fortunately, I am in the process of detailing a Persian Blue beauty. This color was beyond anything I would have thought it would be. It has purple hues from many angles combined with a rich royal blue. The owner demands perfection and I'm all too happy to perform. But first a preview:

Swirls (look like spider webs) and holograms (wavy-looking effects in the paint) plague this vehicle, despite looking flawless under the correct light. These pictures were taken after a wash and clay barring of the surface to remove the minimal contamination in the paint. Here are some befores:

The finished product will be revealed in the next coming days...:drool:

I can't wait to bring out the paint's truest colors

·
Registered
34 Posts
WOW.. Car looks great. I was going to go for the Burnt Orange (or even Chrome Orange) for the exige but now I am thinking of getting another blue car aftyer seeing these pics. And it would save me a few grand in paint charges on a S260.

·
Registered
392 Posts
You can't go wrong with CP Detailing. Ciro and his partner do great work.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW.. Car looks great. I was going to go for the Burnt Orange (or even Chrome Orange) for the exige but now I am thinking of getting another blue car aftyer seeing these pics. And it would save me a few grand in paint charges on a S260.

Thanks Mark :)

vsop...the pictures really don't do the color justice. It's truly wonderful and it has purple hues with the right light and a very rich blue at other times.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
The car is amazing now, better than new. Ciro from Cp is hands down the best detail tech I have met. The car looks better than it did when I got it. He also was helpful with giving up some of his secrets for me to keep the car looking like this. The pics do it no justice and I got 100 compliments at the Brits by the sea car show this week.. Everyone had great things to say about the paint and how clean and glasslike it was,even after I had to wipe it down with quick detailer at the show..

More pics to come..

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind words Backpain! It was a pleasure detailing your beauty. I look forward to doing it again :nanner2:

I can't wait to get see more pics!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Looks great!

Be interested to know how long you took. Also if you sanded the original clear coat to get the finish flatter. Persian is one of my fav colors. :clap:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello Wingman :wave:

The paint was simply polished for about 7 hours to perfection using a two-step method. But clay barring, wheels (the infamous LSS wheels of course), and waxing took many more hours as well. No sanding was necessary. The wavy finish on these vehicles are attributed to the fact that they are fiberglass bodies. Waviness is difficult to prevent due to the natural unevenness of fiberglass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts