The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here you go, my new front clam. Any suggestions before it will be paint?

DSC05166_.JPG

New, shorter access panels will be custom, fully functional as OEM panels.

Dont worry about oilcoolers, I guess they will get enough air ... and I didnt forget about indicators, they will be at front too, somewhere :)

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I'm liking it so far......

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Here you go, my new front clam. Any suggestions before it will be paint?

View attachment 83452

New, shorter access panels will be custom, fully functional as OEM panels.

Dont worry about oilcoolers, I guess they will get enough air ... and I didnt forget about indicators, they will be at front too, somewhere :)
I'm definitely not going to worry about YOUR oil coolers, but unless you've got some hidden ductwork, I'm guessing they won't get too much air. Whether or not what they get will be enough, time will tell.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm definitely not going to worry about YOUR oil coolers, but unless you've got some hidden ductwork, I'm guessing they won't get too much air. Whether or not what they get will be enough, time will tell.
There are hidden ductworks at the front end of clam. I will try to get underneath photos next week.

Does anyone know avarage oil temprature at track in Lotus with standard front clam. I haven't got ealier oil temp gauge so I would like to refer to sth in the next few weeks.

As to brake ducts I think I read somewhere in the forum that there is no need to do so. Plus as to now I dont want to make extra holes in crash structure. Plus oem radiator housing dont leave much space for extra pipes like on the picture below.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Looks interesting, can't wait to see it painted. The car I've seen with the front turn signals removed looked great. Makes the car look wider (which is a good thing IMO). The Cadena race team always seemed to tape up the oil cooler holes, but may have engineered air circulation from a different source.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I thought maybe it was a NASCAR Lotus and only made left turns. :D

Reactions: lt1_fd3s

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Nice take on replicating the Exige GT3 look, the fiberglass work looks very clean. The center beam looks a little bulky IMO, but otherwise everything else looks great.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
very sleek, reminiscent of the 2-11...although I don't like the square cut-out in the center panel above the radiator

1 - 20 of 21 Posts