The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my paint on my new helmet (HJC AR-11).

I think it looks great, the fact I chose the colors and design has nothing to do with that of course... :p

Attachments

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ask and you shall receive...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
darth,
how is it as far as buffeting goes?
what helmet did you have to compare with?
I have been ready to get either a bell gtx, or the dominator, but i have heard decent things about these, and the price is right.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love the helmet. Too bad the sticker on the front looks like that.
Yeah sticker screws the look. But my friend's company pays to be there so... :shrug:

I remove the sticker for non race events.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
darth,
how is it as far as buffeting goes?
what helmet did you have to compare with?
I have been ready to get either a bell gtx, or the dominator, but i have heard decent things about these, and the price is right.
At first I sat very low in the car and the aerodynamics weren't working very well. There was "some" buffeting. In a more upright position, the aerodynamics work perfectly and the helmet is perfectly stable at high speed (120mph+).

I had a Bell without aerodynamics and the helmet would lift off my head at speed.

The construction is very good. It is also a very lightweight helmet. This was/is important for me because F2000 pull lots of Gs and I spend hours on a track on any given weekend as I also instruct for BMWCCA. My neck muscles would be sore with my old Bell. To me, it also felt more comfortable than either Bell or Arai helmets I tried on.

The AR11 is actually a Schubert design and is actually made after Michael Schumacher Schubert helmet. Aeration, weight, aerodynamics, comfort, price. This helmet is great. You can even have a carbon fiber version (HX-11). Both have SA05 ratings.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is it CandyRed? :D
Nope. Have you heard about the price of candy red paint lately? rotfl

It's scarlet red with metal flakes. It doesn't quite look right in the picture. Probably because of the metal flake.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nice helmet. I like the car it matches too.

Will I see it in 2 weeks in Tremblant?

Wendy

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Yeah sticker screws the look. But my friend's company pays to be there so... :shrug:

I remove the sticker for non race events.
Hey if you're getting paid to have it on. That sticker rocks! :clap:Favorite part of the helmet. :up: Lotus was one of the first teams to paint endorsements on the car.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Tell the sponsor you will give them the visor instead of the helmet. I supply sponsored drivers helmet visor stickers.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tell the sponsor you will give them the visor instead of the helmet. I supply sponsored drivers helmet visor stickers.
Hey that's a great idea. Can you make them if I provide the company's logo?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Randy - Where can I get a visor sticker? I need to be able to block the sun and am getting tired of blue tape.

Jerry

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
This is the visor we give to our drivers- This on on the Team Lexus in SCCA SPEED World Challenge, driver Jeff Altenburg. I would be happy to hook you up with someone that can do graphics and has a template for helmets.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts