The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here of course! :D

I flew from Louisville to Dallas, picked this car up and drove back the long way (somewhere around 16 hours). Couldn't have had more fun doing it!

Anyhow, this is an '05 storm titanium, black interior with sport and touring packages as well as star shield. I need a hard top in the worst way, but haven't had much luck finding one yet.

Car had 7xxx miles on it when I picked it up and is in great shape. Only 3 imperfections. 1. fuel door looks to have been pushed in too far - going to order a replacement. 2. same thing on 1 AC vent on the interior. 3. The wheels look to have been cleaned with something they shouldn't have as they look stained when they are view up close.

First planned mods are: powder coat wheels, fix gas door and vent, Eclipse head unit (stock isn't too good eh?), exhaust - still haven't decided on a setup, intake, maybe the carbon side scoops, and thinking of painting the center console to match the exterior.

The car was said to have a built in radar detector, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet and there is no documentation. It beeps when you turn it on, but that's it. Maybe the switch is for something else - it is right under the start button and has a small "horn" underneath in the storage area.

Here you go:

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Car looks great.....isn't there a little rubber bumper to stop the fuel door? Is that missing??

Is the display for the radar detector in the rear-view mirror?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car looks great.....isn't there a little rubber bumper to stop the fuel door? Is that missing??

Is the display for the radar detector in the rear-view mirror?
I'll look and see about the rubber bumper in the fuel door - I don't have a clue if there should be one or not - and I'm not around the car for a couple of days as I'm out of town for a motorcycle track day. Thanks for the idea though.

Not that I've seen on the rear-view mirror. There is a small LED above the on/off switch and below the start button. I'll snap an image when I get back home. I haven't traced the wires or anything yet either as I haven't had a chance. I've never seen this LED light up. When I turn the switch on there is a long beep followed by a short one about 20-30 seconds later.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I'll look and see about the rubber bumper in the fuel door - I don't have a clue if there should be one or not - and I'm not around the car for a couple of days as I'm out of town for a motorcycle track day. Thanks for the idea though.
I sold my Elise, otherwise I'd have looked. :D

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
The rubber stop on mine got knocked off when I opened the door one time. I saw it fall to the ground. I put it back and now I'm careful opening the door so I don't knock if off again. It's easy to lose if your not careful.

·
Premium Member
11,717 Posts
we have pretty much the same car....and share impeccable taste.:nanner:

I also cleaned my wheels w/inappropriate (Poor Boys) product. It tested fine...and the one section on which I tested was OK even after the wheel finish was ruined.

I painted the wheels myself, to use as winter wheels, and painted the hard-to-clean slots with black marine paint. I posted a pic here somewhere.

I got the paint from Griots or, my fav, carcareonline.com.

Congrats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts