The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok- I revised my last camera mount to get it above the rear window for radar detector if I ever go that path. I also wanted the camera close to my eye level and add adjustability to it... I think I made it look prettier as well...

I still need to polish it out so that it looks pretty, but I think you get the idea..... oh ya, the first pic is how it looked after I was done machining it in the raw... There are several finishing steps after that... Little fella actually takes a darn long time to make:eek:

What do you think?

BTW- The old, new camera mount was here: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/home-made-camera-mount-60875/

Best,

Phil

Attachments

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok- She's all polished up now and looking pretty:cool:

Hard to get a good photo of it though...

Cheers, PV

PS- Disregard the actual camera mounting plate. I obviously just eye-balled the two holes and didn't even machine it... It's just getting late and I've got to get in the house before my wife leaves me:rolleyes::D

Best,

Phil

Attachments

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I think I like the billet look of this one the best so far...

I hadn't really given much thought to making a bunch of these, as Sector already has a very cheap camera mount that gets the job done ($30 I think) and there's no way I could justify making them for 30 bucks:eek:. This is probably a little overkill... but I hate to be too conventional and I really like billet stuff:D

Best,

Phil

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
That looks really good :clap:
+1 for the billet aluminum.
I would take some Scotch-Brite and give it a brushed finished rather than the polished look.
That would go better with the rest of the interior of the car...

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Ummmm......

I NEED something like this. It's not a want, it's a need.

Here is why: I use MattG's bracket for my V1. I really like it, BUT when I get to the track I have to pull it off and then use Randy's clamp mount (see pic below) because the Sector111 4Tress bar is too small for his collar mounts.

If I had a collar mount that I could leave attached to the bar with the V1 bracket still in place, I would be a happy man.

Soooo.......

How much? I'm very flexible with the price...

Attachments

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rich, Drop me a PM with what you have in mind... Best, Phil

Ummmm......

I NEED something like this. It's not a want, it's a need.

Here is why: I use MattG's bracket for my V1. I really like it, BUT when I get to the track I have to pull it off and then use Randy's clamp mount (see pic below) because the Sector111 4Tress bar is too small for his collar mounts.

If I had a collar mount that I could leave attached to the bar with the V1 bracket still in place, I would be a happy man.

Soooo.......

How much? I'm very flexible with the price...

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Road Dad's New Camera Mount:)

Since Roaddad asked for the old mount, I felt obligated to just give it to him. But before I sent it out, I needed to fix a design flaw. By popular demand, I brushed the polish off:rolleyes::cool:

I also drilled and tapped a 5mm hole so that mounting bar can pivot. THat cures the issue of the harness bar being in the way and allows for more adjustment in the cab.

Finally, I went ahead and cut out a nicely machined mounting bar, where the old was just some strap with holes drilled in it...

Here are some quick pics...

Road- your mount will be on the way tomorrow:up:

Best,

Phil

Attachments

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Phil,

I sent you a couple of PM's.
Working on it... I need to draw up the bigger mount yet... RoadDad's was easy because I had already made the part and was just giving away something I didn't want... I work from easiest to hardest:D

Hang in there;)

Best,

Phil

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where can you buy the plastic twist knobs? Thanks
McMaster-Carr of course;)

Try this part number: 62935K12, for the M5 that I use on the camera mount. The camera itself is held in place with the standard course thread 1/4" like all camera's are...

Best,

Phil

1 - 16 of 16 Posts