The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, finally got my interior pieces covered in leather and thought I should share. If anyone in the Los Angeles area needs re-upholstery work done, definitely look up Carlos. I think he is probably one the most honest guys in the business and can't beat his ridiculously low price! Although I had to take apart and re-install everything myself, he is really great to work with. You just need to work with him and show him pictures of exactly how you want things done.

354 N Bonnywood Pl
Burbank, CA 91502
Neighborhood: Burbank
(818) 845-0364

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
Looks great :clap:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Looks fantastic! It appears to be a perfect application of quilted leather inserts. The leather work definitely gives the interior a veneer of luxury.

·
Registered
742 Posts
How long did it take Carlos? I might have to make a road trip down and drop off my seats :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About three weeks for everything. But he said this was his first lotus so it took him a little longer then usual.

·
Failed at Self Control
652 Posts
Impressive. :up:

... I wonder if he has Krypton Green leather. :D

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Oh man, that's hot.

I've always loved Ferrari's Daytona seats. You think he can do something like this?

My driver seat is getting pretty worn on the bolsters and I'm thinking to have them re-upholstered if they aren't covered under warranty.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh man, that's hot.

I've always loved Ferrari's Daytona seats. You think he can do something like this?

My driver seat is getting pretty worn on the bolsters and I'm thinking to have them re-upholstered if they aren't covered under warranty.
not sure, but what I did was take lots of reference pictures and asked him to go by those and I think it came out pretty close to what I was going for.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Like it, difinitely an improvement on the OEM. Like the styling around the console front.

I went CF for the door cards and sills but planning to have Yellow leather (to match paint work) on the material insert, on the next trip to Bali. I have a excellent tailor there. Those indos can copy anything, as long as you have pictures or a example of what you want. They do a cool job at very reasonable rates.

At the moment I have the OEM black material still fitted (2011 S2.5 model)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Looks awesome. Can I make one suggestion?

I think you need some brown to break up that huge field of black on the dash.

My suggestion would be to have him cover the gauge binnacle in the brown leather. Shouldn't take him more than a couple of hours. You could even remove it, drop it off, pick it up later so you're not without your car.

Oh, and while you're at it, have the AC surround covered. The unpainted grey plastic sticks out like a sore thumb. Probably in black to match the center console.

Great stuff!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

My suggestion would be to have him cover the gauge binnacle in the brown leather. Shouldn't take him more than a couple of hours. You could even remove it, drop it off, pick it up later so you're not without your car.

Oh, and while you're at it, have the AC surround covered. The unpainted grey plastic sticks out like a sore thumb. Probably in black to match the center console.

Great stuff!
Thanks for the tip. That's actually exactly what I plan to do next. I actually got a lot of inspiration from the pics you posted of your car a while back. :bow:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like it, difinitely an improvement on the OEM. Like the styling around the console front.

I went CF for the door cards and sills but planning to have Yellow leather (to match paint work) on the material insert, on the next trip to Bali. I have a excellent tailor there. Those indos can copy anything, as long as you have pictures or a example of what you want. They do a cool job at very reasonable rates.

At the moment I have the OEM black material still fitted (2011 S2.5 model)
CF for the door door panel and sills was another option I considered too but was over my budget. I bet the CF sill will withstand better to wear from getting in and out of the vehicle. I guess if the leather doesn't hold up and starts to wear I would like to replace it with CF.
Would love to see pics once you have everything put together.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Thanks for the tip. That's actually exactly what I plan to do next. I actually got a lot of inspiration from the pics you posted of your car a while back. :bow:
Thanks!

Oh and another thing - have him make you a black leather boot for your brake handle. Finishes it off nicely.

Very tastefully done.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Looking forward to seeing this when all the other interior trip bits are done (as SwingLo mentioned.) This is giving me more great ideas for my interior! Keep it coming :)

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
another thing you may want to consider is getting some of the aluminum bits to be black.

I like the aluminum, but I just thought there was too much of it in my car after my interior was done. Find a shop near you that does 'Brite Dip Anodizing'. It's black but has a very subtle sheen to it.

I used a shop called All Brite in the Chicago burbs (on the recommendation of a buddy who owns a company called Trick Drums). The did my parts:

- door pulls
- ac knobs
- shifter knob
- ebrake handle
- circular power window surrounds
- center tunnel cover (with the holes)
- S111 Lidbone

All 'minimum lot charge' because it fits in their vat.

$75 cash. Dropped it off on a Tuesday afternoon, got a call on Wed morning saying 'come get yer sh*t'

:)

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I'll take pics of my car, but here's a pic of my buddy Mike's drum parts - Trick Percussion.

These pedals were 'Brite Dip Black' anodized by the very shop that did my stuff. He actually ran my parts with a run of these footboards

·
Registered
742 Posts

Great stuff!
I was thinking the same thing. That would really tie it all together. :up:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts