The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
What do you mean by 'color'?

Mine is done in two tone black/charcoal alcantara.

I used to have it in black alcantara with perf yellow leather accents. Waaaaay too busy.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I think you need some brown to break up that huge field of black on the dash.

My suggestion would be to have him cover the gauge binnacle in the brown leather. Shouldn't take him more than a couple of hours. You could even remove it, drop it off, pick it up later so you're not without your car.

Oh, and while you're at it, have the AC surround covered. The unpainted grey plastic sticks out like a sore thumb. Probably in black to match the center console.

Great stuff!
quick p-shop using pixlr

Attachments

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
love the interior..that hue is probably my favorite color for car interiors (for certain cars..)

·
Registered
297 Posts
CF for the door door panel and sills was another option I considered too but was over my budget. I bet the CF sill will withstand better to wear from getting in and out of the vehicle. I guess if the leather doesn't hold up and starts to wear I would like to replace it with CF.
Would love to see pics once you have everything put together.
I have only recently installed the CF door cards and sills. I have heard it is easy to use plastic polish to remove scratches.
Maintenance (no scratches)
I also use the method to get in shown by the South africian American on the You tube 'Getting in a lotus elise' vid (the one where he has the Californian edition red car Lotus Elise) the method he uses for getting out I use for getting in and out. The beauty of this method is, when getting in, the last thing you do is drop your bum down. This gives you more height to lift your foot clear of the sill. this may help you to prevent leather damage whilst dragging/lifting your left foot over the sill. This method takes practice, so don't be deterred if at first it feels strange.

brown pics above of dash;
Leather on the passenger air bag, is that allowed??

21 - 26 of 26 Posts