The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

Here are a few quick photos of the beginning my baby's new livery. Used a shop in Denver, FineLine and they did a FANTASITC job on the car. Great to deal with and rather reasonable on the price.

Next up this weekend are to wrap the mirrors, front splitter, wing endplates and lip of the rear diffuser in red. Then I'll print some "sponsor" decals for the car on my forthcoming vinyl plotter. Obviously I copied the current Lotus F1 car design - vanity plate on the way: LOTUSF1

As someone who's extremely picky with this sorta stuff I couldn't be more thrilled! (I do want to shrink the size of the flags by about 50%)

2012-04-27 12.50.06 (Medium).jpg

2012-04-27 12.46.32 (Medium).jpg

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
115 - well honestly it doesn't mean much. A good friend took 111 (Frank Amoroso) so I was going to go for 113 as that number was never used by Lotus for some reason. But someone in the BMW club (I run with them a lot) already had 113 - so they suggested 115. PCA had that free so I took it.

Happy to share the price - $1600 total. Powdercoating the wheels was $250. The rolls of vinyl I bought from them were about $100 and the cutter I ordered was $250. So about $2200 or so all in.

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is yours the black car or the Lasik and Cataracts Sprinter?

:)
Lo I thought that was obvious - of course it's the van! You didn't think it was that little black rattle trap sitting in front of it did you? Sh!t man, I guess I didn't get the right angle!

:p

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, Ross, can i use your image for a thread I have called paint scheme?
Of course Render, anytime. If you'd like high res versions drop me an email - ross at jasbone dot com. I plan to take some nicer ones this weekend with a real camera...

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,685 Posts
:clap::up::up::up:

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
That resolution is fine for my purpose I will create the same thread on here, many members are always looking for interesting paint schemes for the Elise/Exige and Evora so I'll post some unique ones I've created to help them visualize their ideas as well as some that other members may find on the web. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Nice job. Enjoy!

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, I wrapped the mirrors, wing end plates and splitter in red vinyl - looks great, updated photos soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts