The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My super kool, super trick Shigspeed coilover suspension shipped today!

I should get it thursday or friday and it goes in on Saturday!

I have an appointment with Darrin of West End alignment on Thursday for a complete alignment and corner weighting.

Then EVO School on Friday, practice on Saturday and Sunday the championship!

Could life get any better!

Well .......

Maybe but who cares!

Art

·
Registered
58 Posts
Cool!!!

I got my TEINs back, installed last Saturday, cornerweighted by Progress yesterday, and aligned by West End yesterday also. I'm ready to race. :D

BTW, I know the suspension geometry is different, but I'm just curious what are your spring rates, Art? Mine is now 671 lbs/in front, 782 lbs/in rear. With the motion ratio of my car (I actually measured them while I did the installation), the wheel rates are 347 front, 404 rear.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vwong said:
Cool!!!

I got my TEINs back, installed last Saturday, cornerweighted by Progress yesterday, and aligned by West End yesterday also. I'm ready to race. :D

BTW, I know the suspension geometry is different, but I'm just curious what are your spring rates, Art? Mine is now 671 lbs/in front, 782 lbs/in rear. With the motion ratio of my car (I actually measured them while I did the installation), the wheel rates are 347 front, 404 rear.
My initial spring rates are 380 front and 300 rear. Matt ran 350 350 last year on his SE-R.

Since we use eibach springs, we can change them later if we want to go stiffer.

Art

·
Registered
118 Posts
vwong said:
Cool!!!

So, what does that cost to have done?

·
Registered
17 Posts
wasn't darin the bomb? i should have an appointment with him next week if my order comes in for the lower front spring rate, and also remove some neg camber in the rear, hehe

·
Registered
118 Posts
Better watch out, Eric. If you get much faster, we (STS) are going to "ask" you to move to STX with your "illegal" mods. :D

It would give you and early start on 2004.:)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Darrin has quoted me 180 for the corner weighting and alignment.

Art

·
Registered
58 Posts
Davard said:
Better watch out, Eric. If you get much faster, we (STS) are going to "ask" you to move to STX with your "illegal" mods. :D

I think more like SM. :)

The revalving of my shocks = $390, a pair of new rear springs = $100, cornerwieght = $0, alignment = $80, so everything = $570 but I only paid $40 from my own pocket. The rest was paid for with the contingency money from Progress. :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
speaking of suspension, Vincent what are you running on the Integra?

I recall seeing the back end lift up and bounce around last event...

·
Registered
3 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could life get any better!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt could get sick that weekend...

Boy that Sure is HARSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm feeling disliked already. :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Davard said:

okokok, i ll have a large breakfast and if u guys insist, i ll leave the 25-30 lbs spare tires in the trunk, no prob . . . :rolleyes:

·
Registered
58 Posts
mazdaspeedwest said:
speaking of suspension, Vincent what are you running on the Integra?

I recall seeing the back end lift up and bounce around last event...
Really??? Are you saying that I was lifting the inside rear wheel? I would never thought that I could do that in the Integra. Anyway, the Integra also has TEIN HA (which requires the ITR rear LCAs) with custom rear spring rates. But I might have to switch the rear shocks from HA to SS so I can use the GSR rear LCAs because the "new" Progress rear adjustable swaybar does not work with the ITR rear LCAs. :mad:

·
Registered
132 Posts
well, more of a bounce off the bumps, not an inside wheel lift. I saw the back end kinda just lift up and shift over in the sweepers over the bumps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
serautoxer said:
quote:

I'm feeling disliked already. :(
Welcome to Cal Club....now go home!

JUST KIDDING!!!
Am I still invited to the housewarming party?
Kimberly

·
Registered
25 Posts
No harshness intended, it was a reference to Art's message that he's in trouble since you were consistently faster than him.

Oh, and as far as Kimberly's "Now go home" comment - when everyone and their brother was moving to California in the '80s, there was a bumper sticker displayed by those that didn't like the population increase that said "Welcome to California, now go home".

·
Registered
171 Posts
Not only are they going to make you faster, but they look cool to.

@#$%, I need to get some cash, and more seat time! @$%#$ :eek:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts