The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well just spoke to to my guy at svag. It seems I'm still stuck on #62 (got that number from day 1)eventhough I heard some have drop down on the list. Hopefully number doesn't make a difference in my position. He mention to expect a phone call in acouple of months to make the initial order. I hoping I will see my car when my bday comes around in may (I said hoping....), in the mean time I 'll be waiting for the call just like everyone else.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
That's a bit odd. When I first talked to them they said they were able to get about 6 - 10 cars a month.
So I don't understand why you're not moving up the list.

I know I won't be moving up anytime soon since I'm near dead last in their list.

Their demo car has just been sold as well, I was told. Which is a shame because I was really looking forward to driving the car. But the person I spoke with did mention that they should get another demo in a few weeks time.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry for the confusion, what I'm trying to say is that eventhough people are pulling out of their deposit spot I am still stuck in the same place on the list. And yes they're getting about 7 cars a month

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
seanpham said:
sorry for the confusion, what I'm trying to say is that eventhough people are pulling out of their deposit spot I am still stuck in the same place on the list. And yes they're getting about 7 cars a month
This is normal - we get the cars at MSRP, and in return, they get to take the drop-outs and mark them up for a higher profit. It's fair enough if you ask me. Most Lotus dealers I've heard of are doing this.

I don't believe they're getting 7 cars per month at the moment, though deliveries do appear to be ramping up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason I said 7 cars a month is because that's what i was told...
I'm pretty much fine with however they do their business just as long as they treat everyone the same way. Like I said I hear people getting lower on the list when others remove their deposits I was also told by svag that's how things is going to work.
Like I said hopefully numbers don't make a difference. I guess I should be happy i'm not one of the unlucky depositee at 100 plus. I'm willing to wait like everyone else.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sean:

I know your pain.

I am the guy just above you - #61, and like you I haven't moved up either. I guess we'll just have to be patient. Hopefully we'll get our cars in the first half of next year ...

In the meantime, have put in an order for the new 997 which is scheduled for a December build. Should keep me going till the Elise arrives :D

Cheers

·
Registered
347 Posts
rotus-original said:
Sean:

I know your pain.

I am the guy just above you - #61, and like you I haven't moved up either. I guess we'll just have to be patient. Hopefully we'll get our cars in the first half of next year ...

In the meantime, have put in an order for the new 997 which is scheduled for a December build. Should keep me going till the Elise arrives :D

Cheers
Rotus,
Added you to the SVAG List thread.
Larry

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hopefully we'll get our cars in the first half of next year ...

That's what Im praying for....good luck to both of us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts