The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not sure what section it's best to post this in, as it's a hybrid, but I contacted Fisker last week about leaving a deposit on the Sunset. They're not quite ready to do so, but I'm quite excited to learn more. I think the car looks hot and I feel confident in the infrastructure that supports hybrids. I had a Lexus SC before and I miss having a hard top convertible. I'll still keep the Lotus though. I'd probably do some sort of custom color with this. Hopefully I get an early chassis number again. :)

Any body else thinking about the Sunset or a Fisker in general Fisker Sunset -- Luxist

·
Registered
538 Posts
I was actually thinking of ordering one but it seems that Fisker is still a year away which is too long for me. Do you know which states/cities will have the franchise? I have heard that Santa Monica, CA will be a dealer, is that where you're getting yours from?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
its a sweet looking car do doubt, but I'd be worried about reliability and viability of a brand new car company with a brand new car with a relatively novel and complex drive train Its not like a Lotus with a reliable power train and simple construction.

·
Disingenuous Minion
637 Posts
You are crazy to think about buying this before launch. Wait for a few thousand to be sold and vetted before putting money down on an un-proven concept. It looks good, but how much of their capital went in to that rather than DV testing?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...i think the fisker's drop-dead gorgeous, but four-seat convertibles always feel slightly ridiculous to me - even on two-plus-twos, i always prefer the coupé...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Most reports say the Fisker is still more vaporware than real, and not one article I've read believes he can meet his shipping targets. Unless you can get a 100% refund of your deposit, I'd steer clear and wait for the dust to settle.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Electric is good but I'm betting my money on Hydrogen.

OR

Like its been proven here before, get a bike!! Chicks dig bikes :)

PS - I love the "which car to buy" time, instead I'm playing "flash sell" (WTH Obama, dont give Pakistan aid)

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Electric is good but I'm betting my money on Hydrogen.

OR

Like its been proven here before, get a bike!! Chicks dig bikes :)

PS - I love the "which car to buy" time, instead I'm playing "flash sell" (WTH Obama, dont give Pakistan aid)
does anyone understand this post?:huh::confused:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I saw that at the Detroit show.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I think Fisker's cars are beautiful. However, I'm not big on being an early adopter (we know how that worked out for me with my Elise), especially when it comes to new technology. Mind you, from what I understand, the GM Ecotec turbo engine is to be the powerplant, which isn't a bad thing. (Did I just say that?!? :eek: :D) Personally, I like to wait for the bugs to get worked out and for the price to become more realistic - a lesson I learned selling electronics while putting myself through college.

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
its a sweet looking car do doubt, but I'd be worried about reliability and viability of a brand new car company with a brand new car with a relatively novel and complex drive train Its not like a Lotus with a reliable power train and simple construction.
100%. There are only two mfgrs who's cars i would trust in first model year: Toyota/Lexus & Honda/Acura. Certainly not, say, BMW.

I wouldn't touch the first model from a new company. Even if I didn't need the car much, the aggravation would make the deal not worth it to me.

while the prius is the most reliable car in US, even with all those patents, it's the 2nd generation and NOT an example of what to expect from other cos.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts