The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'am new at this forum, I try to explain my actual situation in front Lotus and his dealer in Barcelona

The 28 of December I was buy a Lotus Evora Launch Edition, with a 15.000Km in the odometer, is a car of one of my best friends. The car runs perfectly, have a wonderfull handling and is very fun. I'am general manager of a workshop in Spain specialiced in Ferrari, Maserati and Lamborghini, but we work with other sport cars brands.

The last 6 of february, when I drive the car, the gearbox begin to made a big noise, and I can't fit teh 3 and 4 gear. The car have a oficial guarante, and I send with a truck to the dealer.

Today 3 of May, I still without the car, I send several mails to Lotus, the tell that the gearbox can be reired, but the dealer try to this for three times and the car don't runs. I'am deseperate, I can't understand how a car of this prestigious brand can have this horrible service, and how can't send a new gearbox and resolve this problem.

Now the situation is in the hands of my lawyer, but the only that I want is my car and enjoy it.

I hope Lotus give me a positive answer, three months without my car is to much time, and today I don't have a date of finish of this nightmare

Sorry for my bad english, and good luck with your Evoras.........

BEst Regards

Enrique GArcía

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problem. Maybe you can replace the transmission in your shop and have your lawyer recoup the cost in court. I seem to remember the transmission is a Toyota truck transmission or parts of one. There may be wrecked Evoras in Europe by now, how about a wrecking/salvage yard for a permanent/temporary repacement? In my state they have a "lemon law" where if the same problem can't be fixed after three tries then the maufacturer must take the car back. Is there a Lotus distributor in Spain? This is not very good customer relations. Good luck and I hope they can fix this.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
My car was out of my hands for 120 days (some due to insurance issues and mostly due to availability and shipping of the parts required to do the repairs).

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear but you aren't alone.

--J

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for your words guys. yes we have a oficial dealer here in Barcelona, I hope Lotus send me a new gearbox this week, if don't send me I begening my personal war :mad:

I can't understand how a company that sale dream cars have this relations with our customers........

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good news, today I receive thi e-mail from Lotus

Dear Mr Garcia,
Thank you for your e-mail.
We can only sincerely apologise again for the delays and problems that have been encountered and we have despatched a new gearbox to Lotus Barcelona. The new box is a close ratio type and we offering this as an upgrade at no cost your self, as an initial gesture of good will and as some compensation in respect of the problems you have encountered.
I will be in contact with you again once I have conducted my investigations into your issues.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this time.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Good news, today I receive thi e-mail from Lotus

Dear Mr Garcia,
Thank you for your e-mail.
We can only sincerely apologise again for the delays and problems that have been encountered and we have despatched a new gearbox to Lotus Barcelona. The new box is a close ratio type and we offering this as an upgrade at no cost your self, as an initial gesture of good will and as some compensation in respect of the problems you have encountered.
I will be in contact with you again once I have conducted my investigations into your issues.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this time.
So glad to hear that for you. Looking forward to new pictures of you enjoying the beast.

--J

·
Registered
163 Posts
It seems to most always take a while...but in the end...good prevails from Lotus. At least that is my experience.

Congrats Enrique!

·
Registered
181 Posts
The new box is a close ratio type and we offering this as an upgrade at no cost your self, as an initial gesture of good will and as some compensation in respect of the problems you have encountered...
...and because that's all we have in stock anymore since making the close ratio box standard.

·
Premium Member
6,784 Posts
You were a victim of the lockdown! Enjoy the BETTER ratios.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts