Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have been a long time fan of the Elise. A rare beauty which I STILL TO THIS day love more then probably any vehicle ever.

At the end of '06, I decided that it was time for me to purchase MY own Elise. After months of looking and realizing that the Elise was going to run me around 40 thousand I decided that I was going to wait around.

Anyways, after a month of looking I ran across a branded titled Elise. I was pushed towards the vehicle by the Original owner (He was not allowed to buy the vehicle back from the insurance.)

The vehicle had 4k miles, no ACCIDENT. Was a clean strip with minor interior tear, and windshield damage. I was in the whole about 30k+(with the purchase of the car that is). I had ALL ORIGINAL RECEIPTS TO PROVE IT, ALL FROM LOTUS OF "SOUTH BAY." Also, I had pictures of the vehicle with previous damage.

Now, shortly after, I was accepted to a University and I was forced to sell the car in order to fund for my education. (I did not expect to get accepted to the prestiges school that I got into) or else I would have never have bought the car in the first place.

To make a long story short, When I put the vehicle for sale I WAS BLASTED!!! Many of the people from ELiseTalk.com were tormenting me. My phone number was posted here in the chat. Many were harassing me, and calling shots on my vehicle ON this chat. Some of the people from this chat came to look at my vehicle ONLY TO GIVE ME A HARD TIME. This was sad because I had been a long time fan of this chat even though I didn't visit regularly. I was directed here by a caller who told me that a lot of rumors and bad mouthing was being said here. I came to find out that 60% of the calls were directed from this chat, and these people were not interested in buying the vehicle, but only interested in giving me a hard time. Talking to me, and posting my "comments" in a thread. I don't know the reason behind this, but the "name calling" was uncalled for. The dirty comments were a shame. Till now I still have the BEFORE pix, I even provided a supplemental report as to why the vehicle was branded salvage. I will say, "carfax", is not a credible source. For crying out loud. I HAD A STATEMENT FROM THE INSURANCE ADJUSTER AFTER I SPOKE WITH HER!!! and I was still called a lier!

I will be honest, after that I didn't look at the Elise community the same because of the situation I was put it. I will say I sold the vehicle for the asking price. The guy who bought it was, and IS EXTREMELY HAPPY TILL THIS DAY. I saw the joy and happiness in his eyes, as I did the day I purchased the Elise.

What I have came to say is, though I was UPSET with this site, I would still visit in hopes that "branded titles" would one day have there place here. Now, I see they are accepted, many people help each other in putting them together, and many of them refer one to another. Which makes me happy to see the Elise community come together.

Thank you and I hope I now am accepted here as well. Even though I don't have an Elise.

PS I'm not pointing fingers just wanted to express myself after being a strong enthusiast of the Lotus and its not cool to give an honest guy selling a nice car a hard time just because it has a high price cut that is going to in general play a roll on the resell value on a clean title.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
I was accepted to a University...
...(I did not expect to get accepted to the prestiges school that I got into)

...and I was still called a lier!
Just be happy. You were accepted into a prestigious University even though someone called you a liar. ;)

FWIW, Lier is a municipality in Antwerp or one who lies down, rests or remains. Prestiges would be two or more copies of a Christopher Priest novel or two or more Head racquets.

Sorry you had such a time with your car experience.

·
Registered
999 Posts
PS I'm not pointing fingers just wanted to express myself after being a strong enthusiast of the Lotus and its not cool to give an honest guy selling a nice car a hard time just because it has a high price cut that is going to in general play a roll on the resell value on a clean title.
Also, if you are going to "play a roll," you probably should have drumstricks or something. Somebody needs a spell/grammar checker, or maybe they teach this stuff at that "prestiges" [sic] university.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Tough crowd. We eat our own here.

Thing is, if this guy had wrapped his car around a tree he'd be deified here.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
What car is this? Is this Rachel's salvage? Please provide more info with your rant. A salvage is a salvage for a reason, usually a bent or damaged frame. Please post the threads and comments about your car, chances are that some people here who live in your region were onto the fact that it was a dangerous car and not fit to be on the road or track or worth the money........

And I am also amazed that somebody who has such horrible spelling and basic English comprehension passed an SAT ????

Meanwhile I will be playing the world's smallest violin to accompany this troll er uh post....

Attachments

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
And I too am amazed that somebody who has such horrible spelling and basic English comprehension passed an SAT ????
Really? This amazes you?

That amazes me.

Reading the post, my guess is that for the OP English is a Second Language. If that's the case, 'wonder how you'd do with HIS native language, in his country, going to one of the universities there.

Both times I was in grad school, I had classmates for whom English was a Second Language, and it showed in their speech and writing. They also had IQ's that would humble most people.

This really IS a tough crowd.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Well it's NOT cool to give an honest guy looking to buy your car a hard time either!

I saw your ad on craigslist, was interested, and contacted you, but was hesitant on purchasing a salvaged car.

with your rambling backstory on how it was stolen because the original owner had invested tens of thousands of dollars in Sector111 carbon fiber sounded fishy enough to make anyone suspect.
And your pushy insistence to (and I quote) "come look at the car,let's make a deal" made you come across as being far from honest and more like a slimy salesman.

So I joined up here and asked the gang here what they thought about it,
-my very first post!
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35573
to which a few people very politely replied to me.

so I hesitated, went on vacation, contacted you again when I came back to see if it was still for sale - and you F*ing criticized and lashed out at me for posting to elisetalk! (which you can read for yourself now), criticized me for "wasting your time" even tho I only asked what any ordinary car buyer would ask, and then tried to rub it in my face how I "missed out" and you had a nice dinner with the guy who bought your salvaged car.

Whatever flack you got from others, I have no doubt you deserved it as well, as you certainly were impolite to my honest interest in the car.

And like I told you I would in my reply email,
I DID buy a non-salvaged Elise! the EXACT one I really wanted, with a hardtop. - with half as many miles.
....WITH a warranty, and even tho I paid more,it was way worth it,
and I'm glad I took everyone's advice to do so.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Really? This amazes you?

That amazes me.

Reading the post, my guess is that for the OP English is a Second Language. If that's the case, 'wonder how you'd do with HIS native language, in his country, going to one of the universities there.

Both times I was in grad school, I had classmates for whom English was a Second Language, and it showed in their speech and writing. They also had IQ's that would humble most people.

Well first off, you are assuming a lot, your guess is just a guess that the OPs second language is English, that is unless you are the OPs original account here, considering your name is "Lotusforsale" ?? :shrug: Funny, in the original thread there is a relatively new account - Aaron 121 who supposedly ran a carfax on the car and was subsequently banned from here. It does not take a genius to figure out that XYZ new user whose name is bob and has 5 posts is a shill.....

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Well first off, you are assuming a lot, your guess is a guess that the OPs second language is English, that is unless you are the OPs original account here considering your name is "Lotusforsale" ?? :shrug:

Uh oh. delise, shall we scrutinize your most recent post for punctuation, grammar and syntax? How did you do on your SAT's? Is English your Second Language? Yes? No? Would seem so.

I guess you have a point, but it's not terribly clear, as written.:no:

Where is that little violin when you need one?

Just in case you are REALLY interested, you can look at my attached images to see the 'lotusforsale.' Actually, it is sold. But thanks for asking.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Uh oh. delise, shall we scrutinize your most recent post for punctuation, grammar and syntax? How did you do on your SAT's? Is English your Second Language? Yes? No? Would seem so.

I guess you have a point, but it's not terribly clear, as written.:no:

Where is that little violin when you need one?

Just in case you are REALLY interested, you can look at my attached images to see the 'lotusforsale.'
Uh oh shill , how many accounts DO you have here ? Nice classic tactics , avoid the facts and attack personally, again how do you know the OPs second language is English eh? Also by your phrasing I would guess English is not your first language Yes? No? Would seem so. Guessing German or maybe Ukrainian ?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Really? This amazes you?

That amazes me.

I'd have to disagree with you there. Most grad students I have encountered from other countries where English is not their first language, know enough to spell check, grammar check, or proofread their work before submitting it. In fact, most such individuals don't make the kinds of errors or the large number of such errors that were exhibited in the original post. The errors in the OP indicated to me that it was written by someone who had no respect for either how that person represents himself/herself or the audience for whom he/she had written the message. Words and writing fluency matter in projecting a convincing message.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I'd have to disagree with you there. Most grad students I have encountered from other countries where English is not their first language, know enough to spell check, grammar check, or proofread their work before submitting it. In fact, most such individuals don't make the kinds of errors or the large number of such errors that were exhibited in the original post. The errors in the OP indicated to me that it was written by someone who had no respect for either how that person represents himself/herself or the audience for whom he/she had written the message. Words and writing fluency matter in projecting a convincing message.
You are welcome to disagree with me. My experience is different than yours. I am an adult educator by trade, profession, education, and training. My observation is formed from that perspective.

Again, the errors in the OP's original post in my experience are entirely consistent with those of an individual for whom English is a Second Language.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.