The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody else have this problem? My left leg is getting sore from being so tight against the edge of the seat. These seats are obviously great for keeping you planted when going around a turn at 1g, but they are starting to hurt. I was thinking of cutting the edge of the seat down a little bit so it didn't turn up at the side so much. With the seat all the way back, there's almost 2 more inches to the frame rail. Basically, I think I'm too big for the seat. All these years of bodybuilding and look what it gets me.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
One of my first complaints on my test drive was that the driver's seat was too big. LOL I guess you can't please everybody.

·
Registered
291 Posts
chotto said:
Does anybody else have this problem? My left leg is getting sore from being so tight against the edge of the seat. These seats are obviously great for keeping you planted when going around a turn at 1g, but they are starting to hurt. I was thinking of cutting the edge of the seat down a little bit so it didn't turn up at the side so much. With the seat all the way back, there's almost 2 more inches to the frame rail. Basically, I think I'm too big for the seat. All these years of bodybuilding and look what it gets me.
The pedals and shifter are offset to the right a little. You could try pointing and/or shifting your body a little to the right to releave some of the pressure on the left side. Basically make the right side of your body feel as restricted as the left and hopefully there will be no pain on either side.

I don't know how big you are, but I'm 5'10, 230lbs with an athletic build. This works for me.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
I don't have the car but I do have the same problem. The solution to my problem (or cause) is that the seat as the incline. I mean the leg portion is higher than the butt. When I first got my Merc, my seat was adjusted that way. But after my left leg kept sore, falling asleep, I adjusted the lower part of the seat the other way so that it has a downward slide (or at least straight). I fear I'll have the same problem with the Elise, except that the seat is fixed so I don't know what I would do. Maybe place a pad or something at the corner to even out the seat's angle.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Most sport oriented seats, adjustable or not, are setup this way because usually you want at least a little bit of support for your thighs and it also keeps you in the seat. Personally I don't think having the front lower than where the bottom sits is a very good driving position, but if it works for you...the best angle of course is a factor of how close to the wheel you like to sit and the length of your legs. Basically you don't want your thighs to have a lot of air underneath them.

A note on the Reverie seats - in some ways they are more confining than the stock seats. If you have broad shoulders, then you might experiment with using or not using the padding kit. At a very svelte 6' 185 .lbs, I find the shoulder area slightly constricted with the back padding in, and just about perfect without the padding. The shoulder situation is similar to that in the Porsche sports seat. Better when your arms are extended, as when driving, and slightly more snug for a passenger. The bottom padding I would leave in just for comfort.

As far as the bottom area...I would definitely get the measurements or sit in one first. If you want to go wider, Shinoo may have something else in the works for you as well.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
It's at least level. I always have the seat positioned all the way back because my legs are long (5'11" @ 150 lbs) and I don't like them cramped. I straighten the back out pretty well so I have a nice solid fit into the seat. On top of this, I have to pull my steering wheel out all the way forward. I think in the Elise my setting is 2 clicks from the furthest rear position. I'm lucky that my legs are comfortably stretched and I can still grip the non-adjustable wheel pretty well in the Elise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts