The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my other British Toy; a 1972 Triumph TR6. Spent about 2.5 years going through the restoration process. Finished it up the summer before I bought the Exige. It's all stock except for the webber carbs and the Ansa Exhaust. Anyway, just thought I'd share some pics.

Also, here's a video I took with my GoPro.
Triumph TR6 Video - GoPro HD Hero 2.mp4 - YouTube

Attachments

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Very cool!

Looks like a great car!

·
...call me a space cowboy
252 Posts
Agreed...nice ride!

·
Registered
978 Posts
She is a beauty. I grew up riding shotgun in a red Triumph Spitfire. My mom actually sold it and bought it back again. It started the British sportscars bug for me.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I certainly understand the family influence. My dad was always loved British sports cars and gave me the bug. He took me to a bunch of British cars shows growing up and owns his dream car, a 1963 Jaguar XKE. Beautiful lines on that thing. The nice thing is we can now go to the shows together in our own cars. Lots of fun!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Awesome thing to do with your dad. My family switched to BMW after the 1989 xj6. :shrug:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha, my parents both switched to BMW about 10 years ago. M3 for my dad, Mini copper for my mom. He still has the Jag though.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
nice car.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, couldn't get the picture to display right side up from my phone. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Outstanding work!

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
Sweet ride. Redwall tires. Love it!

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
the car looks awesome

·
Registered
571 Posts
Beautiful!

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
very nice.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone for all the nice comments! Can't wait until Spring to start enjoying the cars again.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts