The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passenger side, hard top just above the windshield ver close to the pillar.

long crack that parrallels the windshield for about 4-5 inches.

Is it covered by warrantee you think?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
IIRC correctly there is a paint warranty. I had to make sure a repair was done to lotus specs so that it would not void the paint warranty.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Oh wow. This is a warranty issue?
I have a crack in my hardtop, too. Driver's side corner... about an inch long. Hmm. I'll have to get my top back from my folks' garage.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I found this via search... Are there any updates to the cracking? Pictures, stories about dealing with the issue? Did you have to find a shop yourself or did you just drop off the car and have Lotus take care of it. I ask because my paint is cracking on the rear of the car. I shot an e-mail over to Lotus Cars USA and they said this
I am in receipt of your e-mail. Yes you are correct as stated in your owners manual the company warrants each new car to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of thirty six months (36) or 36,000 miles which ever comes first, after date of delivery or registration of the vehicle. That would include the paint warranty. Your vehicle would have to be inspected not only by an authorized Lotus technician but also our Lotus field service engineer would have to approve the repair. Please call Overseas Motors in Dallas, TX which is your closest dealer their phone number is 214-350-9171.
So do you have to have it inspected... determined it's a warranty claim... get the car repainted on your own dime... then reinspected to get your $$$ refunded?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts