The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
:drool:

I have come to learn I want whatever color I am looking at. arghh...

Cool pics!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Nice pics! The car looks awesome. Did they let you drive it?

-Eric

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they offered last week, but I drove teh yellow one (which is down a few ponies, but still an S2) and I wanted to take it for a spin with my girlfriend since she is still undecided about the car. Unfortunately, our little trip to Park Place corresponded to the beginning of the Seattle winter which means rains of biblical proportions. I didn't even bother to ask if we could take it out. If it clears up this week, I'll try to get over there.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I had a chance to drive the 111s pictured here - before the rains hit. Unfortunately, I was only able to drive it on the street and couldn't explore the limits. However, it was really tossable and FUN to drive. I'm really looking forward to getting one out at the auto-x and seeing how it does. I've been autocrossing a 3rd gen rx7 and a Z06 this year and I'm really hoping that they put this car into Super Stock class! I think it would be a great battle - taking on the mighty Z06. Does anyone have any new info from SCCA about classing the Elise? I sure hope it doesn't end up in ASP!:(

BTW, this car is also down on power - only ~150HP. It was quick but could definitely use the 190HP and flatter torque curve.:D

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Randy Chase said:
:drool:

I have come to learn I want whatever color I am looking at. arghh...

Cool pics!
Tell me 'bout it, it's a curse. Knowing myself I'll settle on a color, then see my numbers 2,3,4,5...choice in a meet and end up admiring the other guys car for a while, look at mine, still like mine and yet still wonder what the other would have been like.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Looks like Arctic Silver (see colors page) which tends to pick up the surrounded ambient colors more than other colors do.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
I'm pretty sure this car is the one we had at the WCLM in Portland in early Sept. It supposed to be head down to Boardwalk to be shown at the SFO auto show.

Anyway, after the Portland event I did a little write up on driving a 111S on Portland Int'l Raceway. Check out the GGLC site in "Hotnews". I've Chris' first drive impressions there too!

www.gglotus.org

enjoy,
Kiyoshi

P.S. Chris, trying to get to Atlanta on the 4th. Still tentative. Will let you know.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Kiyoshi,

Thanks for the pointer.

Is there any more difinitive information about weight? The salesman that I was talking with said that the weight was around 1750 and that seems a little optimistic to me. Of course, I would love it if it really was that light. I'm going to delete the A/C for sure. I'm not sure if I'll delete the radio yet...

-ms

·
Registered
470 Posts
Randy, I'm very interested in anything you find out about the trailor hitch... please keep us updated on that front. ;)

Thanks,
-ms

1 - 13 of 13 Posts