The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed that my post count is now about 10 posts shorter than it was yesterday. (I was over 1,500 - now I'm under 1,500.)

Was there some software glitch? Or maybe a purging of a popular thread?

:shrug:

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It appears to be right at 1500 now - is it really that important?
Not important... and probably only noticed it because my post count had just crossed the 1,500 mark a few days ago.

(But now with this post, I've crossed the 1,500 mark again!)

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
when threads get "archived' you lose your post count.
I had started a thread today about the hypocracy of one member here who was crying about disrespect of (all)the politcal candidates, yet he was severly disrespectful of the repeblucan candidate just one week prior.
it was really pathetic to see how a thread was closed from the uproar he created while always doing exactly what he cries about.
I started a new thread that pointed out this disgusting hypocritcal behavior as the first thread was already locked, and my thread was also archived, and my post was erased.
so likely you posted in a censored, oh i mean "archived", thread, thus your post count was lowered.
i hope all of this makes sense

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when threads get "archived' you lose your post count.
I had started a thread today about the hypocracy of one member here who was crying about disrespect of (all)the politcal candidates, yet he was severly disrespectful of the repeblucan candidate just one week prior.
it was really pathetic to see how a thread was closed from the uproar he created while always doing exactly what he cries about.
I started a new thread that pointed out this disgusting hypocritcal behavior as the first thread was already locked, and my thread was also archived, and my post was erased.
so likely you posted in a censored, oh i mean "archived", thread, thus your post count was lowered.
i hope all of this makes sense
Wow. I should check my recent posts and see which ones were in threads that were "archived".

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Wrong. Archived threads do not lower post counts.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Experiment in progress

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I just archived this thread.

Before... 1502 posts.
After......1502 posts.

Now I will unarchive it.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
And it is back.

Next theory?

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Apparently Flash (Gordon) has been performing that trick again where he goes so fast that he goes back in time.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
My theories are:

1. Operator error. Post count was not seen correctly. Can also involve single malt or repesado.

2. Glitch in the matrix. Odder things have happened. Someone else mentioned they thought the overall post count had dropped a day or so ago. I have no idea. It is getting to be a large database.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Posts must be of substance and quality before they count. (Mine's going down) :)

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I have noticed the same thing at about 500.. They stopped increasing for a day.. I think I was posting nonsense :D

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I noticed that the site total post count dropped from 7 pm to 9 pm, and then again from 9 pm to 11 pm, even though new posts had been made. (Times are MST)

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Posts must be of substance and quality before they count. (Mine's going down) :)
this theory can be easily disproved, though i will not do so in order to not embarrass the person of voluminous proportions posting on nothing, thus lacking any quality or content, or substance.

So, does this post still go towards my post count?

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
this theory can be easily disproved, though i will not do so in order to not embarrass the person of voluminous proportions posting on nothing, thus lacking any quality or content, or substance.
Fish, it's OK. I won't be embarrassed :D.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts