The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always hated having a radio in this car, and I've always wanted a build plate, so I decided to combine the two :). This one is just a mock-up, but it'll look just like this with an S2 Exige outline instead of that horrible rendering of an S1. My friend Zach is going to hook me up with that :).

Radio Delete Build Plate by VisualEchos, on Flickr

·
Registered
7,239 Posts
Very nice

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'll do a silver and a black to see which one I like best. Might switch them with the wheels since I have a silver set and a black set.

·
Registered
7,239 Posts
I like that rendering of an S1. It's the classic Lotus Sport logo

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Looks great!! Zack can run the production. Why are you deleting the radio, are you tracking your car?

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great!! Zack can run the production. Why are you deleting the radio, are you tracking your car?
I have used the radio in this car exactly 1 time, and that was only to see it work. The very last thing I want to do in this car is listen to the radio, not that I can hear it much over my decatted Larini SE exhaust lol. I listen to the radio in my TL all the time, but this car, no way, can't wait to sell it :).

·
Registered
385 Posts
I really like it. I haven't listened to the radio in my Elise in over a year. Crazy thing is the previous owner invested a lot of money and time tweaking the audio to make it nice. First thing I did was get rid of the subwoofer in the passenger footwell... I may someday follow in your footsteps and get rid of it all together. Looks nice and clean.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I need to figure out how to get rid of the rear speakers. The fronts are gone due to the carbon fiber dash.

Closer. by VisualEchos, on Flickr
Have Gabe (GB Composites) make you a Carbon set, his name is Richard, don't ask me how that happened it actually threw my ADD off the Richter scale -eek- -eek- :)

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I haven't seen any yet, great idea for those who track their cars, another project for Gabe...

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
looks even cooler because of it's juxtaposition to the Sparco steering wheel.

·
SMDDanny
64 Posts
Hey, I'd be interested in a blanking plate.. doesn't have to be anything fancy.. just would like to lighten up and fill the empty radio slot.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Cup260s come without those speaker holes...and it looks like carbon fiber too.
Rub it in :bow:

I think Lotus will want an arm and a leg for it, so I'll just remove the speakers and add carbon-fiber block-off pates.

Hey, I'd be interested in a blanking plate.. doesn't have to be anything fancy.. just would like to lighten up and fill the empty radio slot.
No problem man, let me get mine done and I'll get you a price.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Maybe try to incorporate some kind of classy looking clock into the panel.
One that fits the style of the car.
Because the clock display is pretty much the only thing I find useful in the stock radio.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Regarding speakers - you can do this:

- Take the rear bulkhead.

- Use ABS plastic as 'filler' to the area. Could probably cut out and 'flatten' it too if you didn't want the ridges.

- Use Norton SpeedGrip to attach/fill - google this stuff. Guys use it for custom dash fab all the time.

- Body filler/sand/sand/sand

- Paint with Satin Black SEM 'Color Coat'. It's meant for painting plastic/vinyl trim. Works fantastic. No priming. Great finish and dries immediately. Super durable.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts