The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Rental Toyota Camry Steering feels far more accurate & direct compare to my Evora.

I had a Toyota Camry rental and drove it over 1,000 miles to SF over the weekend. The steering felted great compare to my Evora.

The Evora seems to follow lines or cracks on the road without getting any feedback. Steering seem loose. Dealer states that it is normal and because they just replaced a spacer on the steering not too long ago.

Have you experience this also on your Evora.

Thank You.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your evora follows cracks and lines on the road because it IS accurate.
Not too many cars compare to the Lotus steering, but I drove two cars with a loose type of steering and I will have to always try to keep it straight.

The other cars I drove had a tight and accurate feel steering. it didn't take much effort at all to keep it straight.

·
Illegal Alien
5,357 Posts
Really, sell your Lotus now.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Our Tundra goes over curbs better than our Evora

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Jeremy Clarkson called the Evora steering "telepathic." You're clearly not thinking straight.

·
Registered
858 Posts
That's it. I hereby move that this site be renamed to "Camrytalk"

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
The camry going in a straight line is because it does not follow the road and numbs over.

your Evora on the otherhand will give you all the feedback you need so YOU are in control

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
I recently rented a Focus. I thought it had more pep than the Camry. Other opinions Focus versus Camry?

Also, I liked the floor mats a lot better. Thinking of trading in my Evora because floor mats are a key component of the overall driving experience. Actually, can't wait for Google driverless car. Man, that'll be great on the twisties!

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I recently rented a Focus. I thought it had more pep than the Camry. Other opinions Focus versus Camry?

Also, I liked the floor mats a lot better. Thinking of trading in my Evora because floor mats are a key component of the overall driving experience. Actually, can't wait for Google driverless car. Man, that'll be great on the twisties!

Does an autonomous car need cup holders? I mean, all the passengers can just hold their drinks. But then it could lose to the Camry purely on cup holder count...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
My Rental Toyota Camry steering feels far more accurate & direct compare to my Evora.

I had a Toyota Camry rental and drove it over 1,000 miles to SF over the weekend. The steering felted great compare to my Evora.

The Evora seems to follow lines or cracks on the road. Steering seems loose compare to the camry. Dealer states that it is normal and because they just replaced a spacer on the steering not too long ago.

The Camry had great control regardless of lines, uneven pavements and wind.

Have you experience this also on your Evora.

Thank You.
sounds like there is something a miss in your car. Lotus is known for handling and road feel above all.
It would depend on what your looking for. I have driven the new Camry and I would best describe it as "floaty" much like my parents Buick LaSabre. Nice open road car, goes where you steer it. Responsive would be a descriptive word for the Camry.
Have you had the car on the track yet?
done any spirited driving?
I think in these cases you will see a difference.
Don't see many Camrys at the track, although I did see a 80s Toyota Tercel out there.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Regularity rally Motorsport

Of course that day I had my wife's Mini Cooper Clubman out on the track. the Tercel made me feel a bit less "brick like"

If everything checks out on your car it may be the Evora is not the car for you. Looking at a more GT car may be more your cup of tea. I know I was looking at Aston Martin Vantages before buying the Evora. A bit more tame but still very spirited and precise for its size and ride.

Good luck with your decision :up:

·
Premium Member
8,384 Posts
This may be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard on this website!!
:shift::thwack:poke-:DV::mad::confused::facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm
Maybe all the bling bling you added detracted from the accuracy of the ride.

Yea I'm being an [email protected]@ but you obviously are wealthy without a clue about cars

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Your Camry isolated you from the road and you mistook that for precision. Your lotus connects you to the road. If you feel the Camry feels 'better', you are probably not a sports car person and should not own the Lotus. It will never satisfy you.

My Chevy Volt has stable steering, amazing road isolation, and decent road feedback. It feels like a rock when I am driving it (a rock bathed in luxury). Oh the other hand, my lotus reads every line, has even been picked up by a big cross wind in the turnpike (scary), and feels like a formula 1 car when I am driving it.

I'm selling the Volt.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Secret_Cha: thank you for making me laugh so hard that it brought tears to my eyes. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

For the next big laugh, let's see someone compare the new Chevy Vette to the Chevy Volt as they must share some parts too and thus the Volt must drive the same as well if not better than the Vette.

Ok, I've got to go wipe the tears from my eyes now :)

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Lets not be to hard on secret_cha

"I think what we have here is a failure to communicate"

Maybe secret_cha could give us more info. maybe his Evora has a suspension problem.
In the end, everyone is entitled to their own .02

1 - 20 of 98 Posts