The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 years of meticulous work I have finally finished the project S4 I have been working on and it is now ready for a new owner to drive and enjoy.

The color is British Racing Green with light tan interior. This car is truly "like new" with almost $10,000 in new parts and machine work and literally hundreds of hours of my labor.

It is 99% stock with no modifications other than the stereo and cd changer.

No accident history on Carfax and I have been unable to find any evidence of fiberglass work or any frame or undercarriage damage. I did paint the front lower valance due to rock chips.

The interior leather is like new after being removed from the car, stripped and re-dyed using Leatherique products. The carpet is a new custom set by Tony Grasso. (better than new IMO)

The odometer shows 18,602 miles but I don't believe this is correct even though the car looks like it. It appears the speedometer may have been replaced back in the late 90's but I have been unable to confirm this.

If you're in the market for a mid 90's Esprit, I sincerely believe you will not find one in better mechanical condition. There's too much to list about the condition and work done on this car here so if you'd like more info, see my webpage.

Home (jkesprit)

Cheers,
Jim

1995 Esprit S4s
1994 Esprit S4

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
eko,

Someone had dyed the interior before but had done a poor job. The leather was stiff and the dye looked like it had been painted on with a brush. Here's a pic of the seats before re-dye, the one on the right has already been stripped. In the close-up you can actually see the leather grain again and it's soft like new.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've reduced the asking price on the 1994 S4 that I have for sale. If you know
anyone looking for a mid 90's Esprit, please point them in my direction.

The car is immaculate and needs nothing and will be a great car for someone.

See the link below for more info.

Thanks guys,
Jim
HOME (jkesprit)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Beautiful car and reasonable price. I only wish I had the time to enjoy another Lotus and the room to store it.

Group buy ? ;)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Great job.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm normally skeptical of green. However, it looks pretty good on that S4.

In fact it looks very similar to my Alpine.

Kudos to you on your work efforts. Very nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts