The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Elise was a stunner! I'll post pix soon. Here's some snippets:

1. Saffron is probably the best shade of yellow I've ever seen. I thought it would be like Porsche Speed Yellow but it was not. It is much more like Ferrari Fly Yellow. I am now officially waffling about my color choice! Yes, you heard it here first!

2. I thought the exhaust tips looked acceptable - even cool.

3. Not much interior storage. There are two little cubbies located where the door sills meet the dash. The shelf is small but concave enough to hold a cell phone, sunglasses, etc. The storage net from the Touring package is small. It'll hold some maps and CDs.

4. The door sills were pretty scuffed up. It is really tough to get in and out without rubbing your heels against it.

5. Shifter action is much better than the Euro S2. Not as nice as a S2K but still very acceptable. The throws are not exeedingly short.

6. The steering wheel is wonderful. Hard to imagine that an airbag wheel could be so sexy. Feels great in your hands.

7. According to R.Becker, the shift indicator light will go off at different RPMs based on what gear you are in.

8. The Lotus folks were very accomodating and gracious. Really a first-class group.

9. I love those LSS wheels. Their machined finish is really tight.

10. The Sport pack eliminates the added weight of the Touring pack. The real plus is that the weight reduction is in the wheels.

11. The red interior is gorgeous. I think it will look amazing with any of the silver/grey/black exterior colors.

12. Green with Tan interior is also fantastic

13. Pinch yourselves, this car is going to be amazing.

14. Roger also suggested that there may be no limit on the number of available Sport packs for order from the factory.

15. The pedals are perfectly spaced for the heel 'n toe ballet

16. Car will have low tire pressure indicator.

17. Some of the cars will enter the auto show circuit. They are not likely to become demos since they were constructed with prototype parts (according R.Becker).

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
shinoo said:
I love those LSS wheels. Their machined finish is really tight.
Tight as in 'groovy'?

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Hi Shinoo thanks for taking the time to type your show report. I went to the show again tonight...damn, still a lot of people there.

The Lotus booth was more restrictive this time. They only let deposit holders through. I took my parents with me so they could see check the car out. Ian Smith of Smith Lotus and Christine Castellanos of Newport Lotus were there. None of them knew yet how many cars they would receive...It's still too early! Ian did say the the gas mileage is 36 mpg, though. Not bad, huh!

Tom Hanks and his family was at the show checking out the Cadillac Sixteen. He was wearing a cap and at first you wouldn't know it was him until he spoke. We stood right next to him then thanked him for his movies. Nice guy...

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Re: Re: My Show Report

mopalak said:
Tight as in 'groovy'?
OMG! Did you say Groovy! Bobby Brady is that you. I heard you where a race car driver now. Nice to see you on the boards. Do you still hang with Davey Jones?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: My Show Report

mopalak said:
Tight as in 'groovy'?
Yes, indeed. Cool, groovy, sweet, awesome, etc...

I suspect they would be nice in black as well. Maybe even better.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I dunno mapes, it still looks very close to Speed Yellow to me. Maybe just a fraction less red in direct sunlight. It is very hard to decide. I keep showing myself that picture of the Esprit rear in CO. It is far to stunning a colour to pass up. The yellow and red are REALLY nice too. If only I had been like Jen and placed more than one order :p
So have you decided yet?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No decision yet. CO is still the front runner but man I like Saffron. It is a bit lighter than SY. My Ducati is more like SY and the Saffron seemed lighter to me ole eyes. Then again colors change dramatically in various lighting.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I really wanted ice blue (it is like a steel blue color) but I am deciding between Yellow and CO. I have a H2 in yellow. I prefer the darker, mustardy, speed yellow more than the lemon colors. Can anyone tell me what the shade really is? It varies greatly in lighting and I have never seen it in person.

Thanks

·
Supporting Vendor
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Saffron is not as dark as your H2. It looks like Ferrari Fly Yellow.

Ice Blue is also very cool. Who knows, they may offer it in the future. Sounds like the Lifestyle Colors will change every year or sooner.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
shinoo said:
No decision yet. CO is still the front runner but man I like Saffron. It is a bit lighter than SY. My Ducati is more like SY and the Saffron seemed lighter to me ole eyes. Then again colors change dramatically in various lighting.
So the ducati yellow is lighter than the saffron yellow?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No the Ducati yellow looks darker to me. Ducati yellow seems closer to Porsche Speed Yellow (SY) than Saffron.

I think Saffron is lighter. None of the pictures - official press photos from Lotus included - seem to represent Saffron properly.

These cars will be doing to auto show circuit. I think the Chicago show is coming up so I would highly recommend you try to get there and see it for yourself.

We all need to sit back and laugh a bit about all this color confusion. Seems almost every color (yellow, silver, grey, blue, orange, etc) has confused the lot of us! :( :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Thanks Mapes,
If the color in the lotus press kit is actualy COM (on the pics with dark background) then it's settled for me, I love the richer yellows vs. the lighter ones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts