The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, maybe a slight stretch... however, it certainly does it's job - better than I imagined. As posted, someone backed their BMW X5 into my Elise last week. It looked as though there was paint damage and I took the car in this morning expecting to be at a body shop this afternoon. My master tech heated the area and removed the film and to my surprise - not a blemish to be found...
if there is a moral to this story, it is simple: order the starshield!

:clap:

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I had some larger rocks hit the sides of the car in front of the rear wheels (mainly in The Dragon area). They hit hard enough to tear the film and leave bits of it hanging. I was certain that there would be damage under the film.

But there really was not.

·
Registered
859 Posts
ROCKCENTER said:
ok, maybe a slight stretch... however, it certainly does it's job - better than I imagined. As posted, someone backed their BMW X5 into my Elise last week. It looked as though there was paint damage and I took the car in this morning expecting to be at a body shop this afternoon. My master tech heated the area and removed the film and to my surprise - not a blemish to be found...
if there is a moral to this story, it is simple: order the starshield!

:clap:
ROCKCENTER, You just have good karma:D .......... Don.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Rock, watch the area closely, fiberglass can start stress cracking after an event like this. Weeks or months after when nothing was appearant at the time of the event. Did you file a claim with your insurance carrier?

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
i have an extremely small pebble (or something) stuck underneath the starshield from my drive back from Dallas.

i think i can perform some surgery on it (fine xacto knife & fine tweezers), but i'll wait until it warms up for that.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
All you have to do is wipe a microfiber cloth across the starshield and feel all the scratches and blemishes to know what the thing does protecting your paint...

·
Registered
859 Posts
Stress cracks

ROCKCENTER said:
stress cracking???? don't say that...
Hi Rockcenter, Don't worry about any stress cracks, these guy's
didn't see the the damage. Don

1 - 9 of 9 Posts