The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while since I posted anything on my Subie. Love it, gobs of torque. I dropped the car off a while ago at Harman Motive earlier in the year and they did all the following work in 2 days. They are amazing.

Currently stage 2 with CAI, and turbo back exhaust, protune. Depending on the drivetrain loss conversion you use something near 390bhp and 400ft/lbs crank - from pipes and a tune, pretty amazing. It weighs around 3300 lbs, but it's got 400ft/lbs and it's all available around 2700rpms (torque peaks here then slowly drops off around 5300). Redline is set to 6800 but the power on this stock turbo drops off near 5500...just runs out of air.

Car is dropped just enough to have good travel, and the KW's are fantastic. Much more comfortable than stock but the car turns flat and the built in understeer is gone now. I always set the diff for maxed rear bias, and the engine map to the S# mode (max boost)...I find the other engine maps are only beneficial for cranky passengers who want a smoother ride lol. MPG in the city I usually end up with 18 or 19, and 25-27 on the highway.

The car makes just enough noise at the tail end and in the engine bay now, you can hear the turbo spooling near 2600rpms, and the BOV is hybrid so most of it is recirculated and not very loud at all...just enough. Compared to my Elise it's civilized, easy to drive on the street do to the max torque available so low down, has tons of airbags, and it has 5 doors and fits lots of luggage. It's relatively heavy though to the Louts and I haven't played with it on a track yet...and the next event I am def bringing the Elise, but if I am in town and there's an event somewhere before end of year will want to take it for spin for sure. I don't know if I really ever want to do anything more to it - the next jump would be a turbo conversion with a front mount intercooler, external wastegate, etc. And that would surely require at least new pistons since the stock ones toast with any more power - so I'm happy for now. Plus it's got a sexy stablemate so I can't complain :)

* Advan RS 17x9 +35 / Nitto NT01 255/40/17 unshaved
* KW Clubsport V3's - identical setup to Harman Motive's time attack STi
* Cusco front & rear strut bars
* Harman front rear sway bars
* Carbon Fiber rear wing (Crawford Performance)
* front end links, bushing kit, caster bushings
* Harman CAI
* APS BOV
* Harman TBE

Attachments

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Ask Harman about E85 tunes. I think they've done a few cars on E85 already. If not, go for race gas map if you haven't done so already.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ask Harman about E85 tunes. I think they've done a few cars on E85 already. If not, go for race gas map if you haven't done so already.
Do you know where they carry E85 in LA?

·
Registered
56 Posts
very sinister

Great job, just the way I would do it. I am on my 3rd wrx/sti. When the 2 door STi comes out I will be tweaking mine much like yours. Currently running 400/[email protected] the wheels w/ a rotated 34R...ttoo much fun, but not as fast as the Exige @ the track...Beautiful car! Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Do you know where they carry E85 in LA?
Only station in LA is in Brentwood:
Conserv Fuel

There are more coming in 2009 though:coolnana:

Expect a 20%-30% more HP and Tq running E85 and its only $3.50/gallon

Ya might also want to look into some Cosworth camshafts...

·
Registered
563 Posts
Bitchin' new STi!!! :up: :coolnana:

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Were you heading down the 10 west on Thursday morning? Your Sti looked like it could really haul ass. :up:
I do take the 10 depending on what my Dash navi tells me to do, but yeah yesterday was on the 10 headed to prison - I mean work. (ha!) I love my job, it just takes 110% of my time which I don't like -

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
love it! at first i thought you had the SRS type F wheels on there.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Compared to my Elise it's civilized, easy to drive on the street do to the max torque available so low down, has tons of airbags, and it has 5 doors and fits lots of luggage. It's relatively heavy though to the Louts...
Do you find the torque a different kind of fun? Or not as fun as light weight?

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Sti looks very nice. Not a fan of the new Sti or the evo but like what you've done with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts