The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I’m Frederic from France, I just bought a Lotus elise S1 with exige body, K20 compressor 293bhp and others nice mods…

I need some advice on alignement setup, I already did my homework and used the search function but found nothing on S1 cars.

My car is lowered a lot and I don’t care about comfort, I will use it a lot on track.

I already spend hours to find some setups from different sources and from there I maid my opinion wich is :
Front castor : +3.8
Front camber : -0.6
Front toe : 0.3mm out overall
Rear camber : -2.5
Rear toe : 1.5mm in each side

It’s just a mix of what I’ve seen and what seems to be a track setup to me but in fact I have no experience.

Anybody who (dis)approve ?

Thanks for your help friends !

Regards
Frederic

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Fredric,
It really depends on what tires you plan on running as well as spring rates. I would suggest more negative camber up front (-1.4 to -1.6) as well as a hair more in the rear (-2.8). Your toe angles are right on target. After running these settings pay close attention to tire temps across the tread or at least wear to determine how well you are utilizing available contact patch.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I would start here Caveman.
Geo Setups - TechWiki

That rear 1.5 of your's I would go to 1.2 or 1.0-mm/side
Fromt 0.2 out each side (0.4-0.5 total).

I would measure Castor, but not change it.
If you need to change it, then you probably want to put in the nylatron bushes first.
In fact what bushes are you running?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Holmz,
That 1.2mm or less total toe out back can get twitchy, especially when running heavy camber. Check out the 340R track setup on the link you posted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for answers to all of you

"Geo Setups - TechWiki" was one of my source to make my mind, I mixed up different sources to try to find a good track setup.

Tyres are semi slick toyo, and bushes are Nylatron for engine mount, for the rest of bushes I'm not sure.

I will redefine my setups with your remarks and check my tyres temps/wear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fredric,
It really depends on what tires you plan on running as well as spring rates. I would suggest more negative camber up front (-1.4 to -1.6)
It make a big difference (from -0.6 to -1.4/-1.6) are you sure ?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
It make a big difference (from -0.6 to -1.4/-1.6) are you sure ?

Thanks for your help.
Yes, your going to want as much neg camber as you can get (within reason), The S2 guys need to make mods to there steering arm to achieve these settings but S1 cars can get there with stock components (I think they are jealous:D).

The settings I mentioned above are what I run on my track Exige S1, I've been tracking it for over 5 years and this is where I have ended up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great informations you are giving me, it's priceless !

Ok, I'll go for it !

I'm glad I have an S1 so...:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts