The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just want to share my experience with you guys from my latest track event (2 day event) at watkins glen this past monday/tuesday

First time I ran the Yokohama A048s.
street tires seem stupid now

My first event was last fall at Pocono (long course) in the dark. Twilight event. One of the worst first track days you could experience due to absolute sensory overload and tunnel vision/sheer terror.
Audi Group event

Second event was last month at Lime Rock park with BMW Patroon

This was my third event and had a great time, also hosted by BMW Patroon.
First day lost two heats due to fog, but as the conditions were wet/damp, I ran my street tires (continental extremecontact DWS) in the novice group.
Second day, I switched to the A048s and had a blast!

My instructor for heats 3 and 4 was Kevin who also owns a blue mostly stock Elise.
During my evals, Kevin recommended I be bumped to upper intermediate!

Link to my youtube channel where I posted my videos from day 2
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCABdxflYOQRT-6LAGvtxb-g

Heat 1
Heat 2
Heat 3
Heat 4

My biggest problems are turning in too early, losing momentum, and losing concentration when I get distracted by too much talking or other cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks like a fun day!

I've only run with BMW Patroon once, but the difference in skill level between their novice and lower intermediate groups was considerable. I cannot imagine they would bump you straight from novice to upper intermediate without at least one day in lower intermediate. If they try, I would say "no thank you" and request a day in lower intermediate.

Keep the shiny side up! :)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
in patroon, at least now, they run 3 run groups, first run group is beginner/intermediate, the second is advanced, third is instructors

1 - 4 of 4 Posts