The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Exige
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would i be able to make a trip to san antonio and back on these tires?

that's about 500+ miles

·
Registered
182 Posts
If it doesnt rain, you should be ok IMHO

·
Registered
2006 Exige
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh yeah... this is just normal driving... no track days and no standing starts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
You're running too high tire pressures. Worn only on the middle.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
bluejae,
the fronts look fine, the rears look like they are being(been) run overinflated. there should ideally be even tread wear on the tire accross it. i might not be seeing the picture accurately, but it does look like the center is much lower in depth than the outside. check your pressures before you drive, and also after. be safe with those banana skins in the back if it starts to rain. set them at recommended pressures but then check the wear frequently, and adjust the pressure up or down accordingly.too high makes the center as the contact patch, too low, makes the outer edges as the contact patch. if too high(which is what i see in the picture) your only using about 1/3 of your potential grip of the tires.
Josh

·
Registered
2006 Exige
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks... that's weird... as soon as i read some threads regarding the tire pressure... i noticed mine were a little high all around... so i let them out... just barely below... i guess i need to take some more out on the rears... and yeah... the center is worn a bit...

i need to find some new tires for daily driving though...

but does it look like normal wear even if it may have been overinflated?

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
bluejae said:
but does it look like normal wear even if it may have been overinflated?
If you mean mileage, yes. Be sure to check your pressures hot - they gain pressure when the tires heat up.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I generally set mine at 24 psi front and 26psi in the rear cold.

BTW, what were you running when you said they were over inflated?

John

·
Registered
2006 Exige
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nugg_dawg said:
I generally set mine at 24 psi front and 26psi in the rear cold.

BTW, what were you running when you said they were over inflated?

John
whatever was on the door sill... i think that's where i saw it... but a little less than that... but i'll set it to 26 tomorrow before i go out...

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Don't forget to change out your winter air for summer air.

pressures tend to shift as much as 1 psi a month in GA transition from feb to Jun.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Make all the comments you'd like - I typically gain 25% of cold pressure once the A048s are hot.
:p

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Where are you driving from? What's bringing you to San Antonio? PM me if you need any info.

·
Registered
2006 Exige
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bleu Omdurman said:
Don't forget to change out your winter air for summer air.

pressures tend to shift as much as 1 psi a month in GA transition from feb to Jun.
winter air? summer air??? :huh:

·
Registered
2006 Exige
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i had enough time this morning to check my rears real quick... i couldn't believe it... they did gain pressure... so it let it out to about 25 1/2... i haven't check the front yet... i'll do that when i get back... thanks everyone

1 - 20 of 87 Posts