The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are my favorite S2 Lotus cars. It is heavily biased to people I know, people I track with, cars that are fast, drivers that are insanely fast, people that have done amazing things. I picked 12 cause, I couldn't find pics of the others ones, but they are out there. If you want to send a link to your non-Lotus friends about the nut jobs that own these cars and what we do to them, send them this link. I have left out many cars here...Patrick's 211, AJ's Time Attack beast, DPM's all carbon Elise, Randy's original autoX Elise...the list goes on and on. These are the ones I try to show people when they are looking for links online and what not.

Jack gets two cars in because well, he's Jack. We all remember Rachel's incredible race adventures. Alan's original flat black machine. Frank's latest incarnation of a death machine. Fred's national title monster. The Stig's spyder RIP. Perry's answer to the Stig. Brent's anti-gravity machine (aka the car Andrew didn't like). Manly's time warp machine...which I believe under his guidance is the fastest timed Elise in Time Attack. The beautiful Sector Exige. And of course, I start with my favorite my dear Liz.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dude you have a huge Innovative sign on that car...and I'll be wearing it too soon ;)

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was actually top 13, but I couldn't find that pic of your car on two wheels at the BW Time Attack when you had to pinch the sweeper from that other slower car...post it up!

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
meh. it was a bone stock 2006 exige in that photo..haha. I'm not cool enough to be in this group
Whatevs! you drive the piss out of the car that's way cool...remember we expect nothing other than some wins in Time Attack this year :)

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oooh cool you did the vents...on the rear are they open to the trunk or do they vent the wheel liner?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
they vent the wheel liner. TJ from FVMC cut holes in the front and rear liners and put mesh in them too to stop the debris from flying. with all my aero mods, (wing, side skirts, canards, louvers, front lip, diffuser, and GUT sport fender) my car is extremely stable at high speeds. my car felt like it was about to fly off the road before once i got above 100 mph.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What engine is the in the Time Attack Exige?
The yellow one is an Elise, and it's a stock NA motor. The driver though is apparently not stock he is of the insane kind that hasn't heard of fear or death lol.

MNlotus - Love your car, so clean and done smart -

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Frank's car? with the gimp rivets?

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/ronin-mobiles-latest-transformation-71807/

thread right next to this one

it's a fully built turbo'd Comptech 2ZZ with 4? 5? heat exchangers, I don't know what the latest config is with internals but the head and bottom were done over - it's not a time attack car (but I guess could be if setup correctly for track) it's a canyon carver for the street

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Funny...this is one of those threads which will cause a lot of us to say "hey what about my car!" :)

Thanks for the mention. We did spend about $25k in trying to get the car faster inside the SCCA rules, which was not easy. And we did pioneer some things with my car, which was interesting. We also did the Uberclam. And the original roadtrip and Tail of the Dragon debut.

The one car that is really missing (and certainly one can argue the merits of the various mods... as is true on ANY of these cars) is the World Challenge Exige from Hypersport.

I would also give props to the original blue ForcedFed car.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah, I couldn't find a picture of the original Hypersport with the cool front splitter and side sills...totally forgot about the FF time attack car

and we both just saw it on Sunday night!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts