The Lotus Cars Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
721 - 740 of 813 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Gothom tune at Spring Mountain?

Hey, Charlie! I'm coming to Spring Mountain tonight for the weekend. Do you have ECU's already tuned that you could exhange out for my stock one, or would I Have to wait and send you mine at a later day?

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #722 ·
no i don't have one sorry, and developing a new tune for a new SC setup would be out of the scope for a tuning trip and be really expensive!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
no i don't have one sorry, and developing a new tune for a new SC setup would be out of the scope for a tuning trip and be really expensive!
ok re: the exchange but don't know what you mean by
"developing a new tune for a new SC set up"...I have an '07 Exige
with the oem supercharger. Anyway, I'm at Spring Mountain
All weekend. If you can do a standard Gothom tune this weekend
Let me know. I'm interested.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
ok re: the exchange but don't know what you mean by
"developing a new tune for a new SC set up"...I have an '07 Exige
with the oem supercharger. Anyway, I'm at Spring Mountain
All weekend. If you can do a standard Gothom tune this weekend
Let me know. I'm interested.
I'm pretty sure that part of his response was in regards to the post before yours.

·
shay2nak
25,127 Posts
Charlie,
when I fit my decat should I just plug in the post O2 senor as normal or should I get the "L" extender to prevent a code from showing? I know you can remove the CEL from appearing, but I'm just wondering from a performance perspective if the activation of the code will hinder engine performance.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Charlie - my Elise runs much smoother with your tune - thanks!

BTW - You may be reflashing my ECU again as I intend to upgrade to the VF supercharger next month after I get my clutch upgraded.

·
shay2nak
25,127 Posts
charlie, is there any gain if i fit a CAI on the car with a tune? also check 2 posts above with my decat question. I'm tyring to squeeze as much power as I can from the stock config.

I got a much better obd2 reader and will check fuel trims on Sunday. Anything else I should look at? I bought the innova 3130 reader.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Hey Charlie,
Glen here with the KG Elise (NA Mod car #10). Good to see you at SMMP last week. As you can see, the NA cars can raise some hell, but I'd like to raise more if possible. We discussed retuning my car and you said you'd be at Tripoint next week. Can you put that on the agenda? I've got a header, decat, K&N CAI and your old staple cam switch tune. I'm installing Eibach valve springs. I'd like it tuned to maximize the benefits of those mods and for 100 octane. I may even appreciate a program switch for 91 octane. If you have a tune that you think works already for this setup then I can send you my ECU to reflash, otherwise some dyno time is in order and I could hook up with you at Tripoint. Let me know.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Charlie, I have the black Exige that you tuned at Spring Mountain. Please
Save time at Tripoint to sort out the detonation issue. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #731 ·
ara, nope no hinderance, jsut the light, i'll see you next time i'm out and we'll look at it.
mike, anytime glad it works !
glen, i'll be working at spring mountain dyno next week (tuesday), then i'm jetting off to the east coast til monday to work on a couple of cars.
randy, sure thing, keep 100 octane in it til we figure it out, i still think the IC is leaning it out though.

phew!

·
shay2nak
25,127 Posts
will the decat lean the A/F much? I haven't called Blake yet, but I'm sure he's got his decat pipe also. Jim shipped ours at same time.

Hey I got a OBD reader that displays STFT and I was [5, -5] for most part then when it would start to die it was up about [8-15] then it was [-15-8] on the way home. Weird. I revved it to 2-3k and the STFT dropped to normal levels. It also shows IAT, engine load, LTFT, coolant temp, ECU voltage, fuel level, all this cool stuff.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
will the decat lean the A/F much? I haven't called Blake yet, but I'm sure he's got his decat pipe also. Jim shipped ours at same time.

Hey I got a OBD reader that displays STFT and I was [5, -5] for most part then when it would start to die it was up about [8-15] then it was [-15-8] on the way home. Weird. I revved it to 2-3k and the STFT dropped to normal levels. It also shows IAT, engine load, LTFT, coolant temp, ECU voltage, fuel level, all this cool stuff.
Was that 8 to 15 or 8 to -15? When mine gets real bad it never hits the negatives on STFT.

·
shay2nak
25,127 Posts
Was that 8 to 15 or 8 to -15? When mine gets real bad it never hits the negatives on STFT.
sorry for the confusion...
when it was running fine it would hover between -5 and +5. When it started to die out it would be in the +teens. I don't think it ever got higher than +15. Then something strange happened, after my break of about 30 min, I started the car and let it idle, now it died when it was in the -teens. Why would it flop from + to -?

·
shay2nak
25,127 Posts
Hey Charlie,
can you give me a call when you get a chance?
Thanks,
Ara

·
shay2nak
25,127 Posts
not sure but I may have solved my idling problem. I drove the car yesterday all around the canyons for 60 miles and only stalled as I was coming to a stop. I let the car heat up and ran great even after temp was displayed. Also I had a nasty rattle coming from the back of the car. Was there for 2 weeks. Well since I have Von hep eliminator, I can see everything back there and the precat O2 sensor was totally loose! Not only this, the postcat sensor was also not tight. Must of happened during installation of decat. Anyway, since I tightened them down, no probs except as I'm coming to a stop which happened 1 or 2 times. I did look at STFT and sometimes went to +XX and did not idle hunt. So we'll see...

Before I had the sport cat installed and I'm not sure the ECU liked it very much. Weird, Blake has the sport cat, but he said his car is getting better.

721 - 740 of 813 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.