The Lotus Cars Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
741 - 760 of 813 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
lol, yea I'm sure leaking o2's can do alot of damage to the idle. :) Glad you found it, hope it fixes everything. I've fixed 5 small boost leaks thus far @ 10psi, hopefully my idle will be fixed when I get it all back together.

·
shay2nak
25,127 Posts
5 small leaks! Did you use a smoke machine? I'm still going to get mine smoked anyway. You never know with these cars. :D

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'll probably get it smoked when I get it back running and the clam down. It's all tore apart right now as I'm fixing alot of other stuff at the same time (pre/post ic temp sensors, wiring, camera, etc)

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Ara, check the threads on the O2 sensor., I had one that kept coming loose and the threads were destroyed. Thankfully I only need one so I just swapped the primary plug into the secondary O2 and put a plug in the first hole.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Charlie, are you available to flash an '05 Federal lower cam +8hp tune this week? Will FEDEX to you Mon, 11 May w/ note to associate online payment with ECU.

MikeVR4

·
shay2nak
25,127 Posts
hey Charlie, were you able to set something up with Tripoint?
Ara

·
Registered
438 Posts
shot you a message on Monkeytuner, get back to me when you can charlie, i was wondering if you are selling/letting anyone use the software now ?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Charlie, are you planning to attend LOG29?

Would you be offering your tuning services while in B'ham?

If so, I could start makng arrangements on this end- There's a dyno shop not far from Barber-

·
Registered
145 Posts
Got my '05 +8hp CharlieX tune ECU in the mail, and reinstalled today.

Idiot light was lit upon start, so I waited 15 min as per Charlie's FAQ, then took it on one of my favorite twisty drives. Light went out 20 min later...Must have approved of the route.

The lower cam switch makes power delivery smoother, no more kick in the pants, linear and stays on the cam shift-to-shift. Idle seems smoother, too.

:up: from me!

MikeVR4

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #758 ·
jeff, i'm travelling at the moment, currently in michigan, soon to be in maryland, i'll be back in vegas next week.

741 - 760 of 813 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.