The Lotus Cars Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
761 - 780 of 813 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Are you available Monday or Tuesday evening? Unfortuantely I cannot get out of work to do during the day. I am about 15 miles east of Troy.

It is suppose to be storming so I really didn't want to take the elise out. Let me know what can work for you...or I can send to you in Vegas.

Thanks Charlie!

Jeff
586-489-5990

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Charlie, I've finally ordered the lower cam +8hp retune for my 05 Elise. I'm sending you my ECU this morning. Thanks and can't wait.:shift:

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
i'm still on the east coast, heading back this weekend, with a quick stop in michigan.
Charlie, I didn't see that you're out of town on the schedule when I placed the order. The ECU should arrive this morning. Hopefully, you'll get it this weekend or Monday. I've included the CAI/big throttle body/headers/decat/von hep exhaust mods on the order receipt in the package. Thank you, sir.

Andy

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Charlie, tried to read the whole thread. It is just too long.

I have a 2008 S240 in Hong Kong, Just wonder, will you do the ECU tune for us in Hong Kong? If so, what is the route?

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Hi Charlie,

Tried contacting you via email but hoping I can reach you in regards to a BWR tune, just wondering what my options are if I were to go with your tune?

You can PM me or email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Charlie, I know you're busy but have you received my ECU last week? I've called and left you a voicemail 2 days ago. Thanks. Andy

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #770 · (Edited)
you should have it today, i emailed you a tracking id ?

i resent another email with the tracking id, and i checked its status, it says out for delivery.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Charlie, that's great news, thanks. I can't wait to plug n play/drive. Any special instruction?

·
Premium Member
4,713 Posts
let it idle 15 minutes, then just drive as normal.

Wait a minute here ... your instructions to me were that after letting the car idle for 15 minutes, I should rub my stomach in counter-clockwise circles for 3 minutes: then hop 3 times only using my right leg; then drive as normal (after seeing my therapist). Were you pulling my leg?? :D :D

Good to have you back home! :clap:

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
let it idle 15 minutes, then just drive as normal.
At first, the ECU didn't fit all the way into the connector. I realized that I had to remove the excess gray silicon seal along the edges. Installed again and it fit snugly. I let the car idle for 15 minutes. The test drive afterward was great as the second cam opened up about 5500-5700 - very niiice! I was just weird not to feel that "kick" that I've expected and used to, in the past. Now, it just a very smooth linear take-off and seemed to be a quicker acceleration for me. I can't wait for the next track day and another long drive. I should have done the ECU reflash a long time ago after all the CAI/ big throttle body/headers/decat/exhaust mods. :clap:Thanks, Charlie! :shift::coolnana:

·
shay2nak
25,132 Posts
Wait a minute here ... your instructions to me were that after letting the car idle for 15 minutes, I should rub my stomach in counter-clockwise circles for 3 minutes: then hop 3 times only using my right leg; then drive as normal (after seeing my therapist). Were you pulling my leg?? :D :D

Good to have you back home! :clap:
I thought it was rub your stomach in counter-clockwise circles and pat the top of your head simultaneously. :sad:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Charlie,

Hope you are well and enjoying your vacation.

Sorry I missed you while in Michigan.

My 2005 ECU will be in the mail to you on Tuesday for the 8 + cam.

Take care,

Jeff

·
Registered
230 Posts
Charlie,

Thanks for the ultra quick turn around on the ecu tune for my 05.

Snapped it back in tonight, fired up, idled per your directions, no code, drove for 10 miles (didn't wanna stop).

Yikes - I love it!!!

To those who have not done this...it is a must-do modification!!! Just love the response with the lower cam.

Thanks again for great job and support!!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Finally, I had a nice long drive today with my new Charlie-tuned-ECU - very smooth and quick acceleration and I love the earlier (slight)kick for the second cams!

I didn't notice before but my normal running / operating emp is now 181 degrees versus 186-187 before the ECU flash - Especially, I was driving in San Bernardino / Riverside today in 100+ heat!

IMHO, this is a must-have for those upgrading the N/A mods like myself!

Freaking awesome, thanks, Charlie!

761 - 780 of 813 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.