The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
801 - 813 of 813 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Charlie,

I know elevation plays into the tune you program, but I'm uncertain what my options are. I move every 3 years (military), which obviosuly is going to have an effect on the elevation setting for the tune. I've had a turbo-kit sitting in my garage for the past year, and as much as I'd like to have everything installed, I've hesitated on having it installed because I wouldnt want to bug you to have it re-tuned every time I move. Am I putting too much emphasis on elevation? If I'm tuned at 4000ft above sea level and then make a drive to Vegas or Phoenix, what are the side effects going to be? driveability as a whole? decreased performance? :shrug: are the side effects going to be exaggerated on a forced induction setup? I'm sort of in the dark here.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Charlie- Questions before I send in my ECU to flash on my 07 exige:

When does the motor with your tune benefit from an upgrade to the fuel rail and injectors?

Should I upgrade the fuel rail with something like this:
http://store.monkeywrenchracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_174&products_id=1072

I have the BOE Fuel Surge Tank. I could also incorporate a fuel rail return line in that system. Any benefit?

Should the injectors be upgraded to a larger size or just sent out to be calibrated?

Engine mods:
RLS larger intercooler and intake/exhaust tubes
Cup airbox
Full 2ubular ceramic coated header, sport cat and 8" side exhaust
Innovative engine mounts
Moroso oil pan

·
Registered
213 Posts
Forgive me if this has already been asked elsewhere but...

Would you suggest a lower cam-switchover for an '05 Elise w/ Cup Car airbox and a Pro-1 exhaust or is it really only for the FI guys?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Doesn't Charlie have a tune for the S240 with the 2bular headers already?
I'm planning on going with a full 2bular system.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi, need tuning for my Lotus Exige 2007. Where can I take it to in the San Diego or Los angeles area? What kind of power gains will I be looking at on the dyno?

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Hi, need tuning for my Lotus Exige 2007. Where can I take it to in the San Diego or Los angeles area? What kind of power gains will I be looking at on the dyno?
If its custom tuning he needs to do it for ya on a dyno but if its a standard tune then the pricing and power is right on his site. goth.am webstore! Just mail him your ECU, he will flash it and mail it back. I HIGHLY recommend it!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I see, I heard there were a few people in our area though ZJ; do you know who they are?
There are a bunch of dynos you can take it to but charlie is the only one that can actually tune the ECU for you. If you have a stock Exige S just get a gotham tune, no need for any special tuning. Otherwise I'd recommend getting some 2bular headers, decat, and muffler then getting his 2bular tune.

·
Registered
81 Posts
ahem....I'm looking to get Charlie down here for a tune. maybe we can get 1-2 more people together, get a dyno for the day at a better rate? Looks like Charlie has a busy month, so we have a little time to prep for it. Start a new thread on it!

per his suggestions, I'll get a Walbro 255 and 1:1 fuel regulator installed. As it stands, looks like my FF275 kit with the unichip piggyback isn't tuned properly or there just isn't enough fuel to make the power.

anyway BlueHeaven, PM me!

I see, I heard there were a few people in our area though ZJ; do you know who they are?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Charilie

I have 2006 with VF2. I need speedo correction, turn off air leak alarms (scavenging system removed). Also recommend best header that you have tune for and typical HP gain from it.

Also, need correct address. Apparently sent ECU to your home address last time, had to wait a month for turnaround, and you have some other preferance.

One last thing. Have the Dashdaq. Saw on your 1st post of this thread that you were working on cracking the can bus for special Lotus Dashdaq. I assume this has been abandoned, and I should stick with regular Dashdaq (which works fine IMHO).

801 - 813 of 813 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.