The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My poor lotus was backed into a few weeks ago. I know street parking is frowned on but I was trying to be a good guy and let a co worker use my space.
Took the unfortunate parking incident and turned it into an excuse to mod my clam

Shaded turn signals and side markers. Filled in the seam and emblem too. Keeping the plinth though as lips are more or less a disposable here in Boston.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

Attachments

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Looks great. Where did you relocate the signals to?

I was going to do mine when I had my clam done, but I was worried about 'ghosting' over time with the vast temperature fluctuations in Chicago.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great. Where did you relocate the signals to?

I was going to do mine when I had my clam done, but I was worried about 'ghosting' over time with the vast temperature fluctuations in Chicago.
I was worried too. he added extra hardener, 15 coats of primer and 5 coats of clear. its been baked, and will now be left out in the sun all weekend before he starts reassembling it all on monday. the hope is that will all help combat ghosting as it will have had a lot of "time" to cure.

as for the turn signals, good question haha. i have another friend working on that right now. he has the headlights and will design something. sounds like he wants to do LEDs, but might just do something simple for right now as i am going on a rally to the tail of the dragon in like 2 weeks. so if he cant get the parts he needs right away, he will have a simple short term solution just to keep it legal.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
looks good. when you guys do that delete. you need to feather the hole back on a shallow angle. hard edges will always pull a line over time

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey looks great.. My Elise got smushed in Allston mass. They ordered me a new front clam and repairing the rear clam. I was wondering which shop you got your body work done. Thanks

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey looks great.. My Elise got smushed in Allston mass. They ordered me a new front clam and repairing the rear clam. I was wondering which shop you got your body work done. Thanks
Sorry to hear about yours. I brought it to Sansossio autobody in natick. He's a good friend of mine and does great work.

Picking the car up tomorrow. Using Ducati Hypomotard turn signals behind the grilles as a temporary solution.

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Looks way better!

Looks more exotic than any elige with turn signals!

Now i bet you want todelete those red things on the real wheel well lip ?!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks way better!

Looks more exotic than any elige with turn signals!

Now i bet you want todelete those red things on the real wheel well lip ?!
haha actually they shop painted those black. i guess i will just have to wait until someone hits my rear clam before i get it back to the shop for more custom work. gonna delete those corner markers, and the fins by the tail lights.

guess im almost done extior wise. want side skirts and 06+ led tail lights.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Looks great!

·
Anthony
604 Posts
Awesome! Sucks that it got backed into... but at least modding helps ease the pain/depression. Looks really good without the turn signals and with the mesh grilles and scoops!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts