The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Dave Behlmann in St Peters, MO...more of the same, absolutely loved the car, yada yada yada about the never ending huge grin on his face. Echoed similar words about first batch in late may realistically early june. Couldn't add anything about next batch, "mid/late summer" was the best he could give me and that Lotus was very vague about the delivery after first batch of 300 cars. The one definite thing was that he'll have his demo late may.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
babak said:
...Dave Behlmann in St Peters, MO...more of the same, absolutely loved the car, yada yada yada about the never ending huge grin on his face. Echoed similar words about first batch in late may realistically early june. Couldn't add anything about next batch, "mid/late summer" was the best he could give me and that Lotus was very vague about the delivery after first batch of 300 cars. The one definite thing was that he'll have his demo late may.
I never asked my dealer about second batch delivery ETA only first. Late summer would suck, but better than not at all. Plus you'll have more time to save if needed.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Got the same story from my dealer.

The Elise is apparently quite a revelation for the uninitiated.

Lotus has given no hard dates for delivery after the first batch.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: My two bits from talk to my dealer

HoopyFrood said:
Didn't give any indication of the size of that first batch, did he? Or if Slot #4 was suddenly freed up?
Since Feffman had aleady asked him about it and had gotten a decent answer I chose not to dog the guy about it.

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2852

He's a bit of a car nut himself and seems like a nice person. He kept talking about the car and how incredible it was. To which I replied that I really hate his guts. :D

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I heard from my dealer also. She said it was incredible and she though the handling was beyond belief. She couldn't stop gushing about the Elise. I was envious and I told her so.

I did ask about the LSS. She thought the LSS was great on the track, but she could feel the harshness come through. She didn't think that the LSS would be appropriate for street driven Elises, but if you intended to track the Elise and didn't intend to use the Elise every day, then maybe the LSS would be OK.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts