The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fellow Lotus brothers, my girls together for the first and last time. As some of you know my Elise was for sale and its new owner will be picking her up next week. Very sad day for me, I really love that car; however place and time were not in the cards. I will get another when the tide turns.

Anyway my 1970 BMW 02 which has been undergoing restoration finally made it home. I have had her for 27 years and spent the last 2 years re-building her for the 3rd time. Anyway here she is for those interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
She has been converted from 115hp to about 225, getting ready for her first tune (Haltech ecu) fresh engine (pistons, cam, head work, liquid intercooler, cambden supercharger set for 15lbs of boost)

If anyone wants more details i will send them, really don't belong to a BMW site, so no where to go. Made the intercooler myself, including the intake pipe, throttle body is a 55mm from a crysler. The intercooler came from a volvo.

Something to look at if nothing else

Attachments

·
Banned
874 Posts
I thot u meant something else by girls....;)

·
Registered
912 Posts
More specs on the bimmer please. Looks GREAT, big BMW fan. I hate the newer ones too loud in the styling.

·
Registered
693 Posts
very nice...

·
Banned
874 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats on the Elise sale.
Thanks JayG,

I know you were looking at my car.

My next project for those interested:
I have a spare stage 2 Lotus exhaust which i will be installing on the BMW. I really loved the sound and have not been able to find a pipe that sounds as good for the bMW so i figured i would just install that. The engines are of close displacement...one 35yr old technology with a roots supercharger.
Anyway when i do a sound bite, will play back here, I know its not a Lotus, but this is the only forum i read. sorry

Still a die hard Lotus Fan. :shift:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts