The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my raised rear letters. Everything went well until I noticed my U is slightly crooked.

How can I remove it and reapply????

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Installed my raised rear letters. Everything went well until I noticed my U is slightly crooked.

How can I remove it and reapply????
Remove it with dental floss. Clean it and the car with tar remover. Not certain on the reapplication... there is aggressive thin double sided sticky tape available at craft stores (like Michael's or Hobby Lobby) or use automotive grade trim adhesive from a autozone like store.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
My first thoughts were "your U isn't supposed to be straight".

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Straight U = ______________

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Let some air out of the right rear tire.....

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
If you had left it crooked it would have looked more British.
Exactly. Look how wonderfully centered my nose Lotus Badge was installed.

**Friday 4:59pm in Hethel**

"HEY NIGEL! Let's go down to da pub"...

"Ah, Bloody hell, I better just slap this nose badge on here"

I love it. :D

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
My nose badge is crooked also, but its to the other side from yours Skottoman. :D

jmiesse...your U is straight up and down now...but it looks like its taking flight. :(

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My nose badge is crooked also, but its to the other side from yours Skottoman. :D

jmiesse...your U is straight up and down now...but it looks like its taking flight. :(
You're Killin me. :wallbang: I went out and checked it. I think the reflection in the pic makes it look like that.

I already feel like im going to loose sleep.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
You're Killin me. :wallbang: I went out and checked it. I think the reflection in the pic makes it look like that.

I already feel like im going to loose sleep.
LOL...sorry :D

Just take a string and hold it in the center of each of your backup lights so it makes a line across the letters. If they are all relative to the string and each other, you are fine. :D

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
the "S" on my car is slightly off

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
My nose badge is straight but the clear coat is flaking off of it. I took the remainder off with my fingernail. Tough stuff. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Just take all the badges off... The look like crap anyway.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Get a hair dryer to soften up the adhesive and just straighten it without having to remove it. I removed my entir "Boxster S" this way. Came out perfect.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts