The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states how is this right and possible? I am a little pissed so please help me understand this. Also, the example they used of why it does not add value was that the average car consumer if he or she was going to purchase a vehicle and one car had the star shield and the other did not the consumer would not consider the car with the star shield to worth any more money so in return they would pay the same amount for either vehicle. Is this crazy or should I just chill out?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Cars are generally a bad investment.
Car accessories are even worse.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay after talking to the main person working on my totaled out car case they gave me just under $400 for the star shield but did add $700 more for the paint so I am done and took the offer. Funny he did even know what the star shield was and what it was for. I just find it funny that the insurance co does not know **** about our cars “Lotus” but any insurance co can give you insurance quote for insuring the vehicle in a few minutes. Now that this issue is done with it is back to looking for another play car, which sucks because lotus’s cost more right now than a few months ago and not that many are on the market.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Don't know how you 'combat' it, but the reality is that a low the ground sports car with star shield should be valuable. Most high end cars sports cars have them.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
If the star shield wasn't a factory accessory, then technically it wasn't insured unless you had a previous agreement with the insurance company.

·
Premium Member
6,265 Posts
That's bull****, i would not buy an elise without a starshield.
7 seasons of track duty and my nose looks better than a 7 year old Starshield.
Only Starshield my car has is lower rockers. It looks like crap and needs to be replaced. I'll just repaint rockers in a few years. No biggie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts