The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before = 1st run, decat and lotus stage 1 exhaust
After = 4th run, VF, decat, and 2bular 8".

I installed the kit myself, clam on, 1-2 hours a day for 9 days. probably 15-20 hours total. Would have been much quicker if I didn't break my belt tensioner, needed a few bolts, had an assistant, or didn't take my sweet time. Overall, I've very happy, but I still want more powa!

·
Registered
566 Posts
That looks really good....congrats!

More power is available if you have more money... :)

·
purveyor of lightness
4,257 Posts
Before = 1st run, decat and lotus stage 1 exhaust
After = 4th run, VF, decat, and 2bular 8".

I installed the kit myself, clam on, 1-2 hours a day for 9 days. probably 15-20 hours total. Would have been much quicker if I didn't break my belt tensioner, needed a few bolts, had an assistant, or didn't take my sweet time. Overall, I've very happy, but I still want more powa!

I don't want to bitch but what's the VF torque number? It's obscured by the DYNOJET title.

Also, if you have the .DRF file can you post what it looks like with SAE correction, Smoothing 2? I've used that particular DynoJet setting for the past decade. Apples to apples and all that jazz ;)

Thanks!

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
I want that torque curve! Would have been cool to peep the A/F curve...

wow, 180 is highest I've seen on dynojet. Probably be around 167 with SAE smoothing...

I don't want to bitch but what's the VF torque number? It's obscured by the DYNOJET title.

Also, if you have the .DRF file can you post what it looks like with SAE correction, Smoothing 2? I've used that particular DynoJet setting for the past decade. Apples to apples and all that jazz ;)

Thanks!
looks like 161.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Very nice. Welcome to the club. :)

More power is there for you if you want it. ;) Just a pulley change and some headers (unless Jermaine has a tune without the headers for the stage2 that is...).

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Interesting how you say you want more power. That seems to be how power junkies work. What we have is nice, but we want to be launched into hyperspace, like in the Fast and the Furious when they shot nitrous and after 15 seconds of accelerating, their speedometers read a gargantuan 115 mph. :D

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
Nice, I think I called 250whp from this setup on the Vf thread. Do I get a cookie? :D Although with RPM on the X axis, it's bound to drop a notch or two... In either case, 250ish whp ain't bad. Congrats on your new found power!!

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Nice, I think I called 250whp from this setup on the Vf thread. Do I get a cookie? :D Although with RPM on the X axis, it's bound to drop a notch or two... In either case, 250ish whp ain't bad. Congrats on your new found power!!

Best,

Phil

torque doesn't change if its in speed or rpm , if it does its an anomaly of the plot, no cookie. HP is just a function of torque so its being expressed differently, it doesn't mean the HP is lower.

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
Dang- I missed that one... I thought I was doing pretty good interpreting the number happy dynos you guys use... oh well. You're a tough cookie to crack!;) (pun intended:D)

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Dang- I missed that one... I thought I was doing pretty good interpreting the number happy dynos you guys use... oh well. You're a tough cookie to crack!;) (pun intended:D)
cute phil, its still a better dyno, 0 intertia vs the large inertia of the dynojet, helps show the results of the tune more accurately, i realise you are used to seeing dynojets, but if you want to see the real deal show it on a dynapack.

But since we posted both the dynojet and the dynapack results with baselines people get to be informed on both the marketing standard and the tuning standard, that way everyones happy ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Very nice, repeating what Lordz said, welcome to the club :)

BTW, what redline do you have, 8500?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts