The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
that seems to be pretty low. mine is 528 and it seems my ac dies after awhile.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>Mine is 420, and I'm pretty sure you got your car before me.<<

They say they don't but I suspect some paint batching. I have come across a few batches of cars with very close VIN #s. The close VINs were all the same color. And in some cases an "overdue" VIN arrived with a batch of later VINs and the colors matched... It's hard to say for sure since some of the colors are popular and we don't have enough examples to compare.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I'm #38 :( I'm sure I've got everything that's wrong :p

Anyone got a lower vin?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
I'm #28, no probs other than the A/c thing. Also talked with #27, no probs there.
Chris
Does that mean there were 26 U.S. cars before yours....and you were the first offical "U.S. customer!?" :confused:

As for VIN to problems relationships, I don't think a low VIN necessarily equals more problems. Early VIN were assembled my more experience workers, which is why they trickled out. By now, I think there should be additional but newly trained workers. So.... Personally, I won't worry about it because it could drive you crazy, and in some cases, crazier!

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Allan,
The first 6-8 cars in the serial number range were test cars, don't know the sequence the other cars with numbers lower than mine arrived, although if I recall mine was on the second ship. There was also the coordination of getting the starshield installs going as well at that time

Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts