The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned from a weekend trip to the back roads of OH. My steed of choice was the Evora 400. I spent 3 days in the car and came away fully impressed with this sports car. If you are looking for an excellent GT - look no further. The 400 is an excellent all 'rounder.

I had a NA Evora for 4 yrs and have spent time on track with both the NA and S. This was my first time driving a 400 for an extended period of time. The car was a 6spd and stock other than the AutoEurope decat pipe - which really transforms the car. The car never put a foot wrong. I drove it on the interstate for a few hours to get to the back roads. It was a composed car that had enough comfort and luxury to meet my needs. Once we got to the twisties the car had plenty of handling, brakes and acceleration to hold its own amongst a crowd of M3s, 911s, Corvettes and even a FordGT. We were keeping things safe and sane with enough safety margin. The 400 was quite capable in this window. The performance really strikes the perfect balance for most needs. You can take this car on a road trip and still blaze through a canyon or back road.

The fit and finish is much better on the 400 than previous versions. The leather is nice - especially the alcantara. I like the new dash and layout. The HVAC controls are easy to manage without having to look at them.

Any nits to pick? Yes, minor ones. The small instrument cluster display to the right of the main cluster gets washed out easily. The shift effort is a tad bit high but feels super solid and clear. The right side mirror creates a blind spot when making a left turn. The stereo controls are too small. These are all issues I could easily live with.

My friends at AutoEurope were kind enough to lend me the car. These guys have an excellent selection of special cars that are worth a look. They fit a decat to this car that they developed and it works with the stock muffler beautifully. The sound that the car made was glorious and all 10 of my buddies were blown away with the music it makes. Give AutoEurope a call if you are looking for a smart, cheap way to tweak your 400 while keeping your stock muffler intact.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Thanks for the review. Will you be attending LOG again this year?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to try. I'll sponsor for sure but I'm committed to Monterey Car Week and it butts up to LOG...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Some great roads down in the Marietta/Hocking/WV corner of Ohio! I want to get down there myself one of these weekends...such fun!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some great roads down in the Marietta/Hocking/WV corner of Ohio! I want to get down there myself one of these weekends...such fun!
These are some of the best roads I've driven. We drove down from Detroit - as the twisty roads are quite scarce in the land of the muscle car. I was blown away!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Slightly off topic, but who was driving that Ford GT? I think that livery is reserved for Ford employees (I know that Bill Ford, Mark Fields, and Raj Nair all have one).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts