The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry to everyone I have been bugging about my black wheels... I thought that I had nailed down the birthday purchase date for my wheels... Today I had to sacrifice my wheel money for a down payment to buy my stepdaughter a new car... At least we took advantage of the economic situation... I picked her up an '09 suzuki SX4 LE(orig sticker of 15,860) - not that I would ever pay that- for $9999 w/ AC... I thought that that was a pretty good deal... Now I think I am on for Christmas for the wheels:( Oh well, I am happy to even get to own a lotus... :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I mowed my neighbors yard for my first car. A extremely rusted 83' Toyota Celica GT but it ran great! He was going to junk it the next day. It got me through most of college.LOL

I feel your pain about the wheels though. I don't have my Elise yet because of the changes in the economy. What really sucks is I have my down payment but with all the layoffs at my work place I don't want to get my dream car only to get laid off and not be able to pay for it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My first car was a 68 Chevy Nova, straight 6 with 3 on the tree. Paid $600 and had to put a clutch in it.
When my 2 kids started to drive, I worked as a service manager at one of our retail tire stores and heard people complain how their kids destroyed the family car and then almost demanded the parents fix it so they have something to drive.
Both my kids got jobs and bought their own cars and also paid all the expenses or we loaned them money that they paid back. My daughter didn't put a scratch in hers and my son had 2 small incidents in 10 years of driving.
Make them work for it. My 2 cents.
Joe
TreadZone.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.