The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was totally surprised and had no idea that my wife got me a 944 porsche. It was my father in laws and all original with only 41kmi on it. She even paid for it herself with her own $ (she doesnt work). Its perfect outside, but I will be swapping my old 04 gto's ls1 in it thanks to http://www.renegadehybrids.com and it should be an animal!

here is an old pic.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I daydream frequently about an LS1 in a 968...

I had a 85.5 944 for three years in Germany, and I just loved it. Have a great time with that thing.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
LOL... GT3 awesome!

All I got from my girlfriend was a set of R888s :eek: I'm gonna tell her she's been one upped because some guy on LotusTalk got a Porsche from his wife who doesn't even work! (my gf's salary just about rivals mine).

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
congrats....I had a 944 turbo back in '86... fun car......great wife :up:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I love my Exige, but the 944 is my all time favorite car. I have two--one that is an 89 S2 that is fully caged and gutted with a built 968 motor, and the other a stock 89 S2.

I have a friend who put an LS1 in his, and he now hits 175 mph on the back straight at VIR where my car used to hit 145.

Terry

·
Registered
45 Posts
Gotta love it. Bought my son a 1987 944s for autocrossing this year. Very forgiving car that never bites you. Do yer own maint and she run a while, ours has 168k miles. Course I miss the 944S2 I had 5 yrs ago, torquemeister she was.

Mike

·
Registered
146 Posts
I don't know what I would do if I had a wife that bought me a surprise car. My words would probably be something like "What the f#@$ ?!!? You spent how much without telling me?"

Enjoy your new car.:shift:

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Wow! That car will be incredible with an LS1. Hell, they're already cool. I see very few 944s on the road anymore. They make great track cars. What a surprise. See, you single guys, married life ain't so bad! :up:

Tom

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
How did she pay for it with "her own money," if she doesn't even work?
:popcorn:

Oh, and by the way...grab some milk on the way home. I used the last of it this morning.;) Hope you like the 944.:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd like to know how the LS1 swap goes for you. I'm visiting Renegade next week to go over this type of swap in detail as I am considering doing the same thing.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts