The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife and kids were just standing on the corner of main st here in van buren when the president of the united states drove by after giving a speech on education. she actually got his attention and was holding a sign that read "HELLO MR PRESIDET" yes that is correct she spelled it PRESIDET!!!! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO RESPOND TO THIS i want to give her alot of [email protected]$#% about this for a long time.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
hogfan said:
my wife and kids were just standing on the corner of main st "HELLO MR PRESIDET" yes that is correct she spelled it PRESIDET!!!!
I'm sure that the person that reads for him probably figured it out and was able to explain it to him....:p

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I think it wuz gud strateegeree for yor wyf to miss spel presidet. it wuz a gud ploy to git more funding for edumacashun and litterisy.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
hogfan said:
my wife and kids were just standing on the corner of main st here in van buren when the president of the united states drove by after giving a speech on education. she actually got his attention and was holding a sign that read "HELLO MR PRESIDET" yes that is correct she spelled it PRESIDET!!!! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO RESPOND TO THIS i want to give her alot of [email protected]$#% about this for a long time.
Don't worry, he doesn't know how it's spelled anyway :p

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Re: Only perfect English allowed

RedwineGuy said:
Do we get kicked out of this forum if we make a grammatical or spelling error?

...beginning to worry :rolleyes:
When you're the president of the US, certain things are expected of you. The ability to use "perfect" english is most definitely one of those things. Is that really too much to expect from someone in one of the most powerful positions in the world?

I have cousins in 6th and 7th grade who are more capable of forming a coherent sentence.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Already worried

I agree. I personally would prefer not to have to wince every time the leader of my country speaks extemporaneously. But that's just me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
hogfan said:
she actually got his attention and was holding a sign that read "HELLO MR PRESIDET" yes that is correct she spelled it PRESIDET!!!!
He probably wouldn't have known what it said if she spelled it correctly...

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Re: Re: Only perfect English allowed

MikeAR303 said:
When you're the president of the US, certain things are expected of you. The ability to use "perfect" english is most definitely one of those things.
Hmmm... I'm more concerned with the content of what is said than if it's said 100% grammatically correct. I usually like the content...

I don't know about the rest of you, but I often mix things up when I speak, because often my mind is racing faster than the words can come out. Lot's of people do this. I more worried by the weaselly politicians than say everything perfect while lying through their teeth (i.e. "I did not have sex with that woman"... :huh: ).

But I'll pass your concerns on to George and Laura the next time I see them...

Tim Mullen

PS: By the way, Mike, "President" and "English" are supposed to be capitalized.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Only perfect English allowed

TimMullen said:
PS: By the way, Mike, "President" and "English" are supposed to be capitalized.
I'll capitalize "president" when a respectable person holds that position, Tim.

I still don't understand why a reference is made to Clinton every time someone says something bad about Bush. Bush and Clinton are equally filthy as far as I'm concerned.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.